Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Obviously ability does come into somewhere down the line, but I'd say it's definitely more down to application. Alan Gow could have been a far more effective Motherwell player had he wanted to be. I mean in all his time at Motherwell, when did you ever see him win a 50-50? Challenge for the ball in the air? Hold off an opponent? Gow not being a success for us was down to him being a bottle merchant if you ask me, not his footballing ability.

Getting close imo. Motherwell must be confident of other interested parties. £100,000 is not too shabby when you consider we will get nowt for him in May.

From what I heard earlier in the week there was still interest from Italy, (can't mind if was Torino or Bari who were rumoured last time), and he'd been made an offer to go to Turkey, Galatasaray were the team mentioned.

Not sure if they would be making offers now or waiting 'til the end of the season thought, if there is any truth in either of them.

where ever gow ends up it'll be the 7th club he's been at in 3 and a half years. i expect an improvement immediately now that he's out the side as we won't be giving the ball away every two minutes while gowser tries a defence splitting pass or a mazy run. the guy obviously had some ability but the way he plays now he'll be lucky to get a game in the first division in a couple of years, even big yogi who loves him booted him out of hibs in the summer.

what we need to remember with reynolds is that it's not entirely down to the club if he leaves. he might be keen on waiting to see what his options are in the summer rather than signing for a league one or championship side just now. for all we know the club would have happily accepted the 100k but mark wasn't up for it. the same thing could happen to increased bids as well.

I see that Billy Mehmet has been released by that Turkish team he was playing for. Stuart McCall has said in interviews he's looking for a big powerful forward. Maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together but mehmet hasn't had that many games in turkey so may be looking for a 6 month deal to get his fitness up and prove himself to any potential suitors

I see that Billy Mehmet has been released by that Turkish team he was playing for. Stuart McCall has said in interviews he's looking for a big powerful forward. Maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together but mehmet hasn't had that many games in turkey so may be looking for a 6 month deal to get his fitness up and prove himself to any potential suitors

He has already signed for a 2nd division turkish side this week.

i see both saints temas have been knocked back by dundee for on offer for grifiths, if we sell reynolds then i seriously think this is a player we need to jump on, dont reconn it would cost too much to get hiim in, we have now have a whack of wages free since loosing gow, im sure if McCall has an eye for a player then this weekend is the perfect opertunity for him to spot one.

also wouldnt mind a pop at harkins either.

I'll probably regret this tomorrow but Griffiths isn't as good as Murphy.

If Griffiths stays in Scotland he will probably be Edinburgh bound.

i think he is a totaly different player from murphy, and at the moment i would say he is better than murphy, murphy hasnt looked interested recently.

Would be more than happy to see Griffiths with us.

No way it's gonna happen even if we could afford a transfer fee. Why would Griffiths want to come to Motherwell? It wouldn't make sense for the lad.

I think we should just sack all our players with the amount of them that don't look interested according to our fans... :lol: Hateley, Murphy, Blackman, Reynolds, Sutton and Humphrey.

im not saying sack them, im just saying on cuttent form griffiths is a better player.

I wasn't getting at you Yoshi, whatsoever. The amount of fans on here saying "Let Blackman go, he's not looked interested since CB left..", "Hateley can join Gannon, not looked interested in a long time and not kicked a ball since x...", "Suttons lazy and never looked bothered in chasing a ball down" - thats the most ridiculous one yet.

All players go off the boil at some point. It doesn't mean there pish or they are disinterested. When Rooney has just scored his first open-play goal since last season the other week and he is apparently "World Class" then a few heads going down means nothing for the likes of Motherwell players.

I wasn't getting at you Yoshi, whatsoever. The amount of fans on here saying "Let Blackman go, he's not looked interested since CB left..", "Hateley can join Gannon, not looked interested in a long time and not kicked a ball since x...", "Suttons lazy and never looked bothered in chasing a ball down" - thats the most ridiculous one yet.

All players go off the boil at some point. It doesn't mean there pish or they are disinterested. When Rooney has just scored his first open-play goal since last season the other week and he is apparently "World Class" then a few heads going down means nothing for the likes of Motherwell players.

Which is what most people on here are saying. These players have gone off the boil. It's not about them being pish or disinterested. That our whole squad has gone off the ball since Brown left kind of suggests that Brown leaving has had an impact on the squad. Not rocket science.

I think im the only one here who agrees ive never seen the hype about him. Ive been to all the home games this season and yes i can see he has improved but i still think his final ball is rubbish (why he takes corners i dont know when hately takes the freekicks)

He has all the pace in the world! on par with Ivan Sproule but he always seems to me that he's to scared to take folk on

so im in the same boat :lol:

He takes the corners because that is what they practice in training.... he is there for when the attack breaks down from the corner he has the pace to get back.... Humps is no good in the box.... HATELEY taking the corners will put him out of position, and unlike Humphrey he does not have the pace to get back... and as we all know Humps is not the besty at defending.

He has set up around ten goals this season.... more than any other player in the first eleven, like most of you say players go through ups and downs... Humps is having a (Q) period thats all... but one thing is for sure he gives 150 % every game regardless of how he is playing.

Which is what most people on here are saying. These players have gone off the boil. It's not about them being pish or disinterested. That our whole squad has gone off the ball since Brown left kind of suggests that Brown leaving has had an impact on the squad. Not rocket science.

That's exactly the point I was making. :lol: