Vs Hearts

GazzyB

What a great result yesterday, the players and the support are really up for our games now. Before Ojamaa signed we were low on confidence, our season was stalling, players were running out of ideas, supporters were on certain players backs, now since the arrival of Henrik, he has changed our team, all the players have taken a lift from him, and he has lifted the whole well support!! notworthy.gif Dont want to get carried away with myself, but this could just be a very special season for us.thumbup.gif

SUPER 'WELL

Rather than punishing players for gesturing to the opposition crowd we should be encouraging it!

Sorry I can't go along with that. My own view is that you accept these things up to a point.... if fans give out stick they should expect some reaction from players but its a very fine line to tread. I've seen some opposition players gesture to Well fans without provocation and the reaction, understandably, was very nasty indeed. In one incident, fans had to be physically restrained from jumping on the pitch and laying into him.

Fans and players alike are only human but sometimes these incidents can get out of hand.

Be very careful what you wish for.

Anyway, more to the point. What a great feeling this morning to know that we've crushed our rivals for 3rd place and strengthened our grip as the best team outwith the OF. All the better that it was Hearts!

• Like 1

stayed up late last night to see if Fox Soccer round up would show the goals ( prog midninght till 1am ) didn't show the goals but was excellent to hear them mention us as they ran through the scores in Scotland. Quote............" Motherwell BEAT UP on hearts despite only having 10 men for most of the second half" Went to bed a happy man. :yahoo:

Another cracking result that more or less ties up 3rd spot. Thought the first half hour was pretty dulln ot what i was expecting given the importance of the game. Once we took the lead we played some really good football and never looked like we were in any real danger even with 10 men. Hearts were atrocious and i can't see them going on a run of 3 or 4 wins to threaten us.

That was the best Murphy has played this season, lookin a lot more confident as are the whole team. Randolph is looking a premiership quality keeper more and more, never really had much to do yesterday but didn't put a foot wrong. Really has commanded his box tremendously recently and is dependable under crosses, better than Ruddy in my book. Hibs looked rotten today so hopefully we can gain another 3 points on the h**s on Wednesday. Mon the Well!

Great result and performance yesterday and just watched the highlights back on the BBC. The 3rd goal was just as good as good as I remember! It's hard to tell from the footage about Lasley's second yellow although the highlights make the first look more like Black kicked his foot rather than Lasley catching Black. The little shitebag went down like he'd been shot both times.

Unsurprisingly, no sign of Zaliukas' gesture at the Well fans...

Lasley didn't touch Black when he got red carded. What a tosser Black is. He conned the ref. <_ . just watched the highlights there. made higdon miss even worse than when i saw it on sat. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mellow.png" alt=":mellow:"> . But all in all a fab performance. :cheers:

Lasley didn't touch Black when he got red carded. What a tosser Black is. He conned the ref. <_ . just watched the highlights there. made higdon miss even worse than when i saw it on sat. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mellow.png" alt=":mellow:"> . But all in all a fab performance. :cheers:

I thought that too, didnt look much contact for the first yellow either .Ian black =:wank:

Just watched the highlights. Good to see Law getting into spaces for a crack at goal. On another day and with a little luck he could have easily had 5 biggrin.gif. Ojamaa has certainly made a huge difference, he creates space, draws defenders and allows others to get into positions to have a go at goal. The number of goals we have scored at home in the past few matches is testament to his ability to create opportunities, and the 3rd goal yesterday when he went past several players, then turned and teased a few more before getting the ball to Murph then Law was just superb.

As for Lasley, his first tackle was a nothing in my eyes. It looks as if both players boots just touch each other and Black goes down as if Ojamaa has just shot him. Black also made a meal of the 2nd challenge, rolling about. He knew what he was doing and played to get Lasley sent off. Ref Muir didnt help, mayeb he doesnt like our older players, with both Laz and Craggs sent off in 2 recent games.

As for Lasley, his first tackle was a nothing in my eyes. It looks as if both players boots just touch each other and Black goes down as if Ojamaa has just shot him. Black also made a meal of the 2nd challenge, rolling about. He knew what he was doing and played to get Lasley sent off.

My take on it too. Neither tackle looked bad and there seemed to be minimal contact. Keith seemd to be going for the ball on both occasions.

My take on it too. Neither tackle looked bad and there seemed to be minimal contact. Keith seemd to be going for the ball on both occasions.

Agreed, Black made a meal of both challenges and knew what he was doing. I noticed one of his team mates basically congratulating him on the ordering off. Typical Hearts.

Agreed, Black made a meal of both challenges and knew what he was doing. I noticed one of his team mates basically congratulating him on the ordering off. Typical Hearts.

Yeah seen that it was that Stephen Elliott congratulating him.Not the first time ive seen Hearts doing that. Sending off just seemed to spark us back into life thought, almost a whole half with ten men and should have won by more, terrific performance by the lads.

Best laugh of the day (outwith the Grainger baiting) was poor Zaliukas coming over to the touchline after tangling with big 'Heid'

He was obviously getting pelters from the East Stand for 'rolling aboot for nothing' as Hutch had "hardly touched him". Obviously!!!

How he got those tramline studmarks gouged across his knee is anyone's guess.

Funnier still was his reaction to having said gouge marks sprayed with the obligatory 'deep heat'.

Even funnier still was the Vincent Lunny hand gesture afterwards.

Poor big sod.

:yahoo: Well Done Hutch

First insinuation I've seen in any match report so far that the sending off might have been even remotely harsh: "Even when Keith Lasley was red-carded just five minutes after the break for his second tackle from behind on Ian Black, that delicate flower of the Hearts midfield, it made not a jot of difference to the outcome." (Today's Rancid.)