2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Pleased with this. Yes his workrate in the first half of the season was questionable but he has a shot like a cannon and when on song would get a game for anyone in the league outside Celtic.

He's suspended for the first 2 games mind.

Don't worry we've got fraser Kerr to fill in...... Failing that should be a good chance for Thomas to get some extended first team action

Excellent news. A good pre season and an understanding of what the manager wants, he may be off for a decent fee after a year!

Him and Marv hitting it off in the same game will trouble any team. Now get them some help up front.

im delighted ainsworth is staying as i thought his performance's in the play off games would have been enough to get him a move elsewhere.he is frustrating as fuck at times but when he's on his game he's definately a big player for us,20 goals and 20 assists since he's been here is a great return and hopefully there's a lot more too come.

• Like 1

A would give a him a chance upfront next year as his finishing is quality and has pace to get in behind the defence.obviously he will be a winger but it would be interesting to see if he made an impact as a striker

Thats a good shout, would be very interesting if he could do that..wouldn't mind seeing him in that position ina few friendlies to see if he could do it. His finishing is superb but is his positioning..?

im delighted ainsworth is staying as i thought his performance's in the play off games would have been enough to get him a move elsewhere.he is frustrating as fuck at times but when he's on his game he's definately a big player for us,20 goals and 20 assists since he's been here is a great return and hopefully there's a lot more too come.

I'm just glad rangers didn't lure him away although that probably wan't going to happen after his goal celebrations :ph34r:

You have to hope that Thomas and Cadden will be breathing down his neck next season and hopefully that will keep him focused, knowing that they're ready to take his place if his form dips.

Fit, focused and on form, he can terrify full backs...

I see the BBC reporting is up to their usual standard, quoting a one year deal re Ainsworth. Typical incorrect, lazy reporting whenever the Old Firm are not involved.

Probably watched his interview on the official from last year.....

I'm delighted with this news. On the end of last year he really is a major threat. Pure pace and trickery down both flanks for next year, wether we play a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3/4-5-1 I think this will benefit us greatly. I think both Marv and Lionel can easily score 10 each next year.

Creativity and goals from both ends with wee Dom to slot in aswell. Happy days.

A would give a him a chance upfront next year as his finishing is quality and has pace to get in behind the defence.obviously he will be a winger but it would be interesting to see if he made an impact as a striker

If you have someone like Ainsworth scoring that many goals in a non striking position why would you move him?

I'm guessing its a lot easier to find a striker thats scores 10 goals a season than a wide midfield player that scores the same number.

Ainsworth is a natural goalscorer and strikes the ball superbly I don't see why if he can improve his consistency of performance and number of starts in the team why he can't get even more goals per season like Jamie Murphy was doing latterly from a wide position.

• Like 1

If you have someone like Ainsworth scoring that many goals in a non striking position why would you move him?

I'm guessing its a lot easier to find a striker thats scores 10 goals a season than a wide midfield player that scores the same number.

Ainsworth is a natural goalscorer and strikes the ball superbly I don't see why if he can improve his consistency of performance and number of starts in the team why he can't get even more goals per season like Jamie Murphy was doing latterly from a wide position.

Agree with that. Keep him where he is. Wingers have great games and off games - he just needs to turn more of the off games into great games and improve his defending/work rate

He has scored 20 goals and provided 20 assists over 2 seasons where he has probably only performed well in,what, half of each of those seasons? Imagine what we could have if he even upped that just a little bit more.

From his interview he seemed happy with the way the manager had set out the team an mentioned enjoying playing with Johnson on the other flank. Seemed a happy camper.