Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Wouldn't give a shit on our manager getting commission on bringing through players like ciftci,robertson,gauld,Souter,Paton, Telfer, etc bringing on and developing these players as well as further developing the armstrongs,Russell's,Mackay Stevens is exactly what we need from our future management team

If we incentivize them to do so then so be it, it's coming out of income which we haven't had in some time. Don't see this strategy as being any different to what we operate in work with our own staff through sales performance

Where's the incentive to bring players through then.....

they could be on a relatively low salary and make their money through transfers

why should a manager need an incentive to bring through younger players,doing there job right should be the only incentive that's needed.

why should a manager need an incentive to bring through younger players,doing there job right should be the only incentive that's needed.

not disagreeing or saying I particularly agree with it as a policy but let's say the manager has the option of bringing in some journeyman on a 1 year deal that he's fairly sure will shore up the team for the season or could bring through someone from the u20s or bring in a young player with potential to develop and sell on which might be more of a risk.

to a certain type the financial incentive might nudge them in the direction of the less 'safe' option.

I just think it's shady. Only my opinion though.

My thoughts as well, very dodgy, a quick check on Soccer base and i reckon that UNTD have brought in just under 9 million !!! in transfer fees in the last 2 or 3 seasons, for Gauld, cifci, GMS, Armstrong, Robertson and Johnny Russell. Would love to know what percentage of that allegedly went to McNamara personally, as it looks like he never got any to buy new players.

My thoughts as well, very dodgy, a quick check on Soccer base and i reckon that UNTD have brought in just under 9 million !!! in transfer fees in the last 2 or 3 seasons, for Gauld, cifci, GMS, Armstrong, Robertson and Johnny Russell. Would love to know what percentage of that allegedly went to McNamara personally, as it looks like he never got any to buy new players.

That's a good point too, there would need to be a balance between rewarding the manager and ploughing money back into the club for things like youth development

Enough of McNamara and Arabs - back to our own managerial vacancy. Stuart McCall's name is still being tipped. How do you feel about this?

I know he didn't have the funds Barra was given, but he left stressed out of his box. What makes you think he can cut it now?

I don't think SMC will be in the plans.I was at the well soc meeting prior to the play offs and LH mentioned the injuries and general condition of the players on a few occasions, so I don't think they will go down that road,

Maybe SMC didn't have access to the same conditioning staff , Bara did though.......not that it really helped Bara , mind you

McCall and Paateleinen now being quoted for the United vacancy. I suspect that our vacancy to an extent may have forced United's hand on Saturday. They expect to make an appointment very quickly - probably well before we do.

We probably can't expect much more to come out of FP until after tonight's board meeting.

McCall and Paateleinen now being quoted for the United vacancy. I suspect that our vacancy to an extent may have forced United's hand on Saturday. They expect to make an appointment very quickly - probably well before we do.

We probably can't expect much more to come out of FP until after tonight's board meeting.

Yes I expect Paatelainen to be unveiled as United boss now, I agree that Motherwell being strongly linked with him forced United's hand to relieve McNamara of his duties earlier.

I do however think the Motherwell job would be a more attractive job to a prospective manager the expectations at United are far higher.

Yes I expect Paatelainen to be unveiled as United boss now, I agree that Motherwell being strongly linked with him forced United's hand to relieve McNamara of his duties earlier.

I do however think the Motherwell job would be a more attractive job to a prospective manager the expectations at United are far higher.

Jim McIntyre and Tom Wright now being quoted for Tannadice also - the usual media speculation. Interestingly sources on Tayside are saying they'll just appoint who they want as money is no object (to an extent) - the kind of compensation St Johnstone and Ross County would be looking for is chickfeed to them.

Jim McIntyre and Tom Wright now being quoted for Tannadice also - the usual media speculation. Interestingly sources on Tayside are saying they'll just appoint who they want as money is no object (to an extent) - the kind of compensation St Johnstone and Ross County would be looking for is chickfeed to them.

Would Billy Dodds not be a stumbling block to McIntyre returning to United? Was he not there before and left under a cloud?

McIntyre and Dodds would be a bit of a gimme for Utd. Couldn't see Wright leaving. More than likely Mixu will go to Tannadice and we will appoint from left field. Encouraging to hear Flow talk about the quality of the candidates applying, but it's so important that we get it right this time so for me there's no issue with us taking our time. Wonder if we'll hear any more after the board meeting today.

Not really tbh, just off the top of my head they've payed fees for Muirhead and Anier this year. Remember McCall saying that they were paying Bilate ridiculous wages as well.

Personally, I don't think either of the Finns will be considered and would be deeply disappointed if Mixu gets the nod!

I really like Simo and had the pleasure of his company on a number of occasions when he played for us. He looks like he's got the makings of being a good manager, but I just don't think that given our present vulnerability, that this is the right time to appoint a 'prospect'. Also, if we did appoint him, it would cost, and most likely he wouldn't take up post until the title race is decided for his present club.

That said, Mixu is even more of a punt!!! Despite his experience, he really made a pigs ear of the Finnish national side and in doing so, proved that his coaching ability was limited when trying to get the best from limited resources.

Press reporting today that Ian Holloway is a contender. What are people's view on him? He's achieved his best when working with provincial clubs and from past behaviours, has proven that he would fit with the 'community based football club' business plan. Dare I say a talented Kenny Shields????

• Like 2

Personally, I don't think either of the Finns will be considered and would be deeply disappointed if Mixu gets the nod!

I really like Simo and had the pleasure of his company on a number of occasions when he played for us. He looks like he's got the makings of being a good manager, but I just don't think that given our present vulnerability, that this is the right time to appoint a 'prospect'. Also, if we did appoint him, it would cost, and most likely he wouldn't take up post until the title race is decided for his present club.

That said, Mixu is even more of a punt!!! Despite his experience, he really made a pigs ear of the Finnish national side and in doing so, proved that his coaching ability was limited when trying to get the best from limited resources.

Press reporting today that Ian Holloway is a contender. What are people's view on him? He's achieved his best when working with provincial clubs and from past behaviours, has proven that he would fit with the 'community based football club' business plan. Dare I say a talented Kenny Shields????

As much as I would love this to happen, I can not see him leaving the SkySports position... Would be awesome. Like him :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZdAOyLKy90

As much as I would love this to happen, I can not see him leaving the SkySports position... Would be awesome. Like him :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZdAOyLKy90

I think it depends on whether or not he still sees himself as a football manager or whether he's comfortable as a pundit. Also, having read a wee bit about his personal life I can't really see that coming up here and being away from his kids would be that appealing to him. He had said he took the Palace job to be closer to his family.

I had actually wondered about whether Lee Clark who was doing the Fulham v QPR game along with him the other night might be someone who'd put his name in. Fairly extensive coaching experience at Newcastle & Norwich, decent record at Huddersfield, difficult time at Birmingham but with the whole Carson Yeung thing in the background (praised for introducing academy players to the first team though) and Blackpool is a total basket case off the field.

Based on what? Your own expertise or qualifications in the field? Burrows was shot down on here by quite a few when he was promoted as a glorified tea boy, now few can argue he's not delivered. He proved many wrong so why couldn't he continue to do so?

I'm not sure he has the experience required based on his...lack of experience.

We've heard numerous arguments for not bringing in a novice manager, yet the position of Director Of Football should be any different?