Graham Alexander

SteelmaninOZ

I actually thought the officious wee steward who was tailgating GA on the way to the stand was cruising for a bruising yesterday. Thankfully, our manager just gave him the Death Stare.

As usual, I have to ask  if Stevie G or Neil Lennon would have been sent off for questioning decisions in such a manner?

I worry about our manager. He seems to have aged about ten years in four weeks.

3 minutes ago, davkel said:

Thought it was really interesting to see that the gaffer has changed over the dugouts...wish someone had asked him the reasoning behind the move...

Commentary thought it's so he could get closer to the linesman. Given the 2 red cards, no sure about the wisdom of that move.

8 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Commentary thought it's so he could get closer to the linesman. Given the 2 red cards, no sure about the wisdom of that move.

I thought it was so they would send off Martindale instead of him.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Surely it's because it's right on halfway line?

My mind might be playing tricks - it was a long time ago, but I'm sure that was the side Ian St John had a box built above the dugout, for that actual reason. That and the fact he could actually see what was happening on the park. Can't remember when the move was made back to the current (well prior to yesterday) arrangement.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

My mind might be playing tricks - it was a long time ago, but I'm sure that was the side Ian St John had a box built above the dugout, for that actual reason. That and the fact he could actually see what was happening on the park. Can't remember when the move was made back to the current (well prior to yesterday) arrangement.

You are correct Ian St John had a box built above that dugout when he was manager.

The jury is still out on Graham Alexander for me, but he's beginning to impress. His first piority surely, is to keep us in the Premiership and he's certainly improved results and performances, despite a 1 in 200 year injury list.  With a very few exceptions, he's used the same players as Robbo but has them playing more confidently and has tweaked the system to suit the players we have e.g. Tony Watt, Chris Long, Devante Cole and Robbie Crawford. In other words no square pegs in round holes.  He's also made some behind the scenes improvements.  All to the good. Do we need to ask questions of the players though?

He's still to be tested though in the transfer market and in his influence on the youth development system. Presumably his record with youth is one of the reasons that he and not Tom Wright got the job. These of course are longer term objectives. Time will tell, but so far so good.