2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

It's not Barraclough's fault the injury list we've had and the crap players McCall should never have signed ie Reid,Ainsworth Twardzik. Our new man has to be given time to sort this mess out and lets see how we do after the window and once we have our end of season clearout. Now is not the time to sack the manager we need everyone up for the battles ahead. <_>

• Like 1

In Coatbridge apparently

If we're about to be gazumped by Albion Rovers I'm turning out the lights.

Seriously though, it is good to be talking about new players. We need an injection of something unknown and a bit of competition. Only disappointment is it likely means Watt will miss out on Saturday and he hasn't let us down in the two games I've seen him.

If we're about to be gazumped by Albion Rovers I'm turning out the lights.

Seriously though, it is good to be talking about new players. We need an injection of something unknown and a bit of competition. Only disappointment is it likely means Watt will miss out on Saturday and he hasn't let us down in the two games I've seen him.

Share your feelings on Watt. Right back as he seems to be right footed?

And, aye, I know we have about twenty other right backs...

The left back is cover for Hammell, who should hopefully be back in the next 3-4 weeks and will regain his position as our full time LB, and we also have Watt who can do a job there. If Hammell hadn't had the setback last week I doubt we would have gone for this guy.

I assume we are aiming a larger chunk of our resources at some of the more pressing areas such as a forward and a CB, and maybe CM. So I am not looking at this move as anything more as a depth move in an area where we are thin.

The MFC twitter suggests that Laing will be in tomorrow, and there will be more to follow, including a forward.

The left back is cover for Hammell, who should hopefully be back in the next 3-4 weeks and will regain his position as our full time LB, and we also have Watt who can do a job there. If Hammell hadn't had the setback last week I doubt we would have gone for this guy.

Straker can also play on the wing. Given Steve Hammell's age we will need a replacement for him soon, like very soon.

I think the management have been working very hard behind the scenes to wheel and deal.

It takes more than the time he's had for him to come in and basically change up the way we play the game I think, especially when I'm not all that sure he has the players to carry out the kind of football he wants to play at the moment either.

Come the summer we'll have a whole host of players out of contract, with a lot of them moving on. He'll then be given the time and freed up wages to bring in some players that he believes will deliver his style and will get the job done.

That's the point where I'll judge him.

There really isn't any alternative to that, is there? Unless we want to pay the money to release him from his contract and begin the whole process again? All the while we'll be dropping points and all over the place.

It takes more time? Can point out a recent managerial appointment that goes against that particular chain of thought, Craig Brown?

Claims were made he had some background on the current squad prior to interview - that would suggest he knew he didn't have a squad capable of playing football he wants to play, yet, looks to have pulled the wool over the eyes of many by talking the talk & for some a reserved judgement that he can't walk the walk.

Whilst I don't know his contract situation, there's always an alternative. If he takes the team into the Championship which not only on current form is the direction we're heading, I would expect those who made the left of field decision to appoint Baraclough, to be strong enough to issue a redundancy notice and if not, should fall on their own swords.

Yes, they'll be a requirement to rebuild given the numbers out of contract, but, if the worst case scenario happens - are you suggesting he should be given use of a budget to rectify mistakes made?

Straker can also play on the wing. Given Steve Hammell's age we will need a replacement for him soon, like very soon.

I think the management have been working very hard behind the scenes to wheel and deal.

correct, he is far more offensive than defensive, Ian has brought in a player who can cover at least 4 positions. Bradford Park Avenue were also interested so hats off to Ian for getting him to come north on a small wage.

• Like 1

correct, he is far more offensive than defensive, Ian has brought in a player who can cover at least 4 positions. Bradford Park Avenue were also interested so hats off to Ian for getting him to come north on a small wage.

:lol:

I agree, we should be delighted that he chose to sign for a team that has played in Scotland's top division for over 30 years, being in and around European football for the best part of a decade, a side that has several International footballers(of a higher level than Grenada) over a side that sit second bottom of the 6th tier of the English league system who are likely to go back to the 7th tier where they spent the previous decade , previous to playing in jumped up pub leagues.

• Like 3

1422581891[/url]' post='430771']

If Laing comes in tomorrow that gives us

McManus

O'Brien

Ramsden

Kerr

Reid

Cummins

Laing

that can all play centre back. Unbalanced squad?

Could Laing do a job at right back as we are short

I don't know who you are, or if it's intentional, but your posts are hilarious.

• Like 2

We certainly have the competition Baraclough was talking about.

That's one of the few areas where I disagree with Baraclough's impressive rhetoric. While we have came unstuck this season due to injuries, years of moderate success has been based on quality over quantity. I'm all for competition but hopefully it's predominately from the youth setup.

If Laing comes in tomorrow that gives us

McManus

O'Brien

Ramsden

Kerr

Reid

Cummins

Laing

that can all play centre back. Unbalanced squad?

Start the lot of them tomorrow. We might have half a chance of a clean sheet.

Indeed, many folk on here either forget or simply have never known the scale of wages being paid in the English lower leagues. York for example has a population greater than Aberdeen. TV money is vastly superior to that on offer for the Scottish Premiership.

Good to read some positive and realistic posts on here as opposed to a plethora of negative ones.

Indeed, many folk on here either forget or simply have never known the scale of wages being paid in the English lower leagues. York for example has a population greater than Aberdeen. TV money is vastly superior to that on offer for the Scottish Premiership.

Good to read some positive and realistic posts on here as opposed to a plethora of negative ones.

:blink: We could really do with posters not humouring trolls.

• Like 1

It takes more time? Can point out a recent managerial appointment that goes against that particular chain of thought, Craig Brown?

The circumstances then were completely different to those that Baraclough has found himself in.

Brown took over a side that was sitting in 6th place when Gannon was sacked, and he had players like Jennings, Hateley, Ruddy, Reynolds, Jutkiewicz and Murphy to see him through until the end of the season.

Gannon was a bit mental, but we weren't in as bad shape playing-wise as we were when Baraclough joined us.

Claims were made he had some background on the current squad prior to interview - that would suggest he knew he didn't have a squad capable of playing football he wants to play, yet, looks to have pulled the wool over the eyes of many by talking the talk & for some a reserved judgement that he can't walk the walk.

McCall had more background knowledge on the current squad than anyone and he was at a loss to figure out what the fuck was going on, wasn't he? Just because Baraclough knew some of our players and had an idea of what they were capable of doesn't mean he was going to be able to come in and sprinkle some magic dust to turn around our fortunes.

He's brought in two players thus far, and one of them is a quality midfielder that knows the Scottish game well. The other is a bit of an unknown, but we can't really judge him until we've seen him get some game time.

Whilst I don't know his contract situation, there's always an alternative.

Yeah, there is.

Sack Baraclough after eight game or so, stick Kenny Black back in charge and proceed to go through the entire process of recruiting a manager again, all the while admitting that we didn't know what the fuck we were doing in the first place, because that's what such actions will suggest.

Why any other manager worth his salt would take us seriously after that is beyond me to be honest. Would you risk your reputation on a club that fired a guy a few months after he was in the door? I know that I certainly wouldn't.

If we're wanting to survive relegation the best thing to go for is continuity. That means keeping the guy you hired, especially when he's only just gotten started in the job and has signed a couple of players.

Let him do his job for fuck sake man.

If he takes the team into the Championship which not only on current form is the direction we're heading, I would expect those who made the left of field decision to appoint Baraclough, to be strong enough to issue a redundancy notice and if not, should fall on their own swords.

If this team falls into the Championship the blame lies at the feet of the current playing staff and the former manager, not the guy who was brought in late on to try and mop up the mess.

Yes, they'll be a requirement to rebuild given the numbers out of contract, but, if the worst case scenario happens - are you suggesting he should be given use of a budget to rectify mistakes made?

Am I suggesting that our new manager be given use of a budget to rectify mistakes and issues that the club had before he was appointed? Yes. That's how it works, isn't it?

The new guy is appointed and is then given the funds to do his own thing with the team.

• Like 3