Flow And The Board

smiddy

He will be running the media team, plus the girls in the office and the ground staff, he is the general manager.

We never brought in a manager for media to replace Flow, I take it weve sacked the office manager and ground staff manager as well seein as he is running them all?

He is the General Manager which means he oversees the performance of those areas,not that he personally runs them. Having him still do the interviewing etc is a cheap ass move and sends the wrong signals about our ability to run a business

This is getting seriously tedious. How anyone could watch Twardzik drop a simple cross (again), O'Brien score a ridiculous OG and a bunch of other over-paid non-triers disgrace our jersey (again!) and decide to leap on here and have a pop at a guy whose job description none of us know anything about really is beggars belief.

I can guarantee 'Flow will be on a lesser salary than arseholes like McManus and Vigurs and will have contributed more to our club than the two of them put together.

• Like 3

The comments against Burrows are way over the top. Very few people in this thread have any idea what his role actually entails, however I can be sure that he is putting 110% into it.

Things are poor off and on the park but our problems run way deeper than our General Manager. Lay off the guy!

The comments against Burrows are way over the top. Very few people in this thread have any idea what his role actually entails, however I can be sure that he is putting 110% into it.

Things are poor off and on the park but our problems run way deeper than our General Manager. Lay off the guy!

+1. We are all looking for scapegoats to blame for the current problems at the club. Flow should not be getting blamed for this. Problems started some time ago and with Hutchison on board hopefully we can start to improve club infrastructure.

We are all looking for scapegoats to blame for the current problems at the club.

Its the time honoured and trusted method of managing matters when things go wrong isn't it? In times of trouble or crisis the first and most important question to ask "Who is to blame?"

1421234294[/url]' post='429267']

Its the time honoured and trusted method of managing matters when things go wrong isn't it? In times of trouble or crisis the first and most important question to ask "Who is to blame?"

Disagree Dave.Only a few on here raised concerns about where things were heading and the need for steading the ship. The reaction to valid comments were met with negative and abusive remarks.We're now in a critical position and now somehow the anger turns on folk who saw the train out of control.You couldn't make this up.

• Like 1

Alan Burrows is now in a position of real responsibility at the Club, and for the past 5 or 6 months he has virtually been the figurehead of the non-playing side of things at Fir Park. Ever since Dempster left for Hivs, he has been the face of the Club, the guy the media has spoken to and the guy that the fans recognise (show me a picture of Derek Weir, and I wouldnt know who he was).

Now, whether we like it or not, we are in a shite state on the park and are (by all accounts) in an even worse nick off it, although hopefully things look a wee bit brighter with The Society and Hutchison doing a deal with Boyle.

Alan was offered a job, that most of us, would have jumped at the chance of doing, but in doing so he put his head above the parapet and into the firing line. I'm not criticising him for anything that has gone on at Fir Park over the past year or so, but I can understand the frustrations of many and why he has become a target for some verbals

Your replies get funnier every time I read them....can I take a guess and suggest you sit in the middle section of the east stand ?

Yeah what bits exactly, if I'm working on a higher comedy plain than I even recognise myself I need to know.

Where I sit is of no consequence. By I'm guessing you're attempting to belittle me than address the questions I asked you to answer shows you are intent on peddling you're bile.

Disagree Dave.Only a few on here raised concerns about where things were heading and the need for steading the ship. The reaction to valid comments were met with negative and abusive remarks.We're now in a critical position and now somehow the anger turns on folk who saw the train out of control.You couldn't make this up.

I've no problem whatsoever with folk raising concerns about what has gone wrong/what is going wrong, Alan. What I don't think is particulalrly helpful is immediately looking for someone to blame. Too often these days, and not just in football, when things go wrong the first comment some people utter is "heads must roll". I'm sure most of us have been the victim of such thinking or comments at work at some point. Much more positive and sensible is to analyse what has gone wrong and how to put it right as quickly as possible.

Yeah what bits exactly, if I'm working on a higher comedy plain than I even recognise myself I need to know.

Where I sit is of no consequence. By I'm guessing you're attempting to belittle me than address the questions I asked you to answer shows you are intent on peddling you're bile.

You seriously want me to answer your questions, I'll answer them when you learn to understand that people may have an opinion that differs from your own, and without resorting to the usual throwaways like 'Keyboard Warrior' describing someones opinion as an Ignorant or Idiotic statement then go on to describe what i said as peddling bile....then you moan because you reckon I'm trying to belittle you.

• Like 1

The bottom line is that the General Manager is typically responsible for implementing the will of the Board. If there are problems at the club (and we can all see there are), then it's the Board's responsibility to identify the strategy to address them, not 'Flow's.

I had my doubts about 'Flow's qualifications for the job, but the issues on the park are not related to that and neither are the financial issues that pre-date his promotion.

9 months later beating Stjarnan would have resulted in Lech Poznan and potentially Inter Milan

Oooft blink.gif

We really did shoot ourselves in the foot losing to Stjarnan. Could also be the last European trip for a long, long time...

Also, the hate directed at 'Flow by the people who don't actually know what his job description is is cringeworthy.

Think "way over the top" may be extreme.

Fact is there is a complete lack of clarity on his role. A lot of GM's operated with similar responsibility as a chief executive would, without maybe the board room input.

Fact is since he took on a position that was way too big for him, performances have nose dived, attendances are down, we are out of three cups, our most successful manager in recent times left, we have made little commercial inroads...and I dont believe for one second that our GM is inocent on all accounts.

At least he has priorities right and is focussing on interviewing for MFCTV after games rather than passing over to other two media guys or appointing new comms exec.

Yeah he may be giving 110%, hes 'Well thru and thru, but given his relationship with players, is he being objective??

Doubt it.

• Like 2

facepalm.gif I despair.

Clarity on his role? As hard as it is, often watching through fingers, it's time many got back to following the team. When did having to know the duties of behind the scenes staff fall into the remit of a rank & file 'supporter'? Hell, the kit fetishist has been notable by his absence or defection to P&B - how many times did he query if the post of media manager was filled?

Likely truth of the matter is, for 7 to 8 months now that fella has been firefighting off the park in what, despite the upheaval, will be seen shortly as a massive culture shift. Change is afoot, evolution maybe, time for us to roll with it.

Over the top describes your post succinctly, to align his appointment with a failure of the football department is beyond me & many who have supported Flow on this 'ere thread. Mere coincidence... This most successful manager you speak of, whilst he owed us nothing, left us in poor shape.

We are where/what we are - what goes up must come down, as long as we don't shit upon those we ran over the top of getting there (second thoughts, the mirth enjoyed at others expense has been a just cause) as we're sure to meet them on way back. We've no divine right to be challenging where we have been, I suspect we will get back though. I don't need to know who signs off cheques or makes tea while we get there.

• Like 4

facepalm.gif I despair.

Clarity on his role? As hard as it is, often watching through fingers, it's time many got back to following the team. When did having to know the duties of behind the scenes staff fall into the remit of a rank & file 'supporter'? Hell, the kit fetishist has been notable by his absence or defection to P&B - how many times did he query if the post of media manager was filled?

Likely truth of the matter is, for 7 to 8 months now that fella has been firefighting off the park in what, despite the upheaval, will be seen shortly as a massive culture shift. Change is afoot, evolution maybe, time for us to roll with it.

Over the top describes your post succinctly, to align his appointment with a failure of the football department is beyond me & many who have supported Flow on this 'ere thread. Mere coincidence... This most successful manager you speak of, whilst he owed us nothing, left us in poor shape.

We are where/what we are - what goes up must come down, as long as we don't shit upon those we ran over the top of getting there (second thoughts, the mirth enjoyed at others expense has been a just cause) as we're sure to meet them on way back. We've no divine right to be challenging where we have been, I suspect we will get back though. I don't need to know who signs off cheques or makes tea while we get there.

+1

1421287645[/url]' post='429319']

Think "way over the top" may be extreme.

Fact is there is a complete lack of clarity on his role. A lot of GM's operated with similar responsibility as a chief executive would, without maybe the board room input.

Fact is since he took on a position that was way too big for him, performances have nose dived, attendances are down, we are out of three cups, our most successful manager in recent times left, we have made little commercial inroads...and I dont believe for one second that our GM is inocent on all accounts.

At least he has priorities right and is focussing on interviewing for MFCTV after games rather than passing over to other two media guys or appointing new comms exec.

Yeah he may be giving 110%, hes 'Well thru and thru, but given his relationship with players, is he being objective??

Doubt it.

Nonsense

1421241595[/url]' post='429281']

I've no problem whatsoever with folk raising concerns about what has gone wrong/what is going wrong, Alan. What I don't think is particulalrly helpful is immediately looking for someone to blame. Too often these days, and not just in football, when things go wrong the first comment some people utter is "heads must roll". I'm sure most of us have been the victim of such thinking or comments at work at some point. Much more positive and sensible is to analyse what has gone wrong and how to put it right as quickly as possible.

So at work, your bosses plan a strategy on a project or business model which you raise major concerns. The clusterf@ck that then ensues has consequences and questions are asked. Is this not similar to what's happening on this forum? I'll say for the last time, this is not Alan Burrows fault, but he is now part of the team that is required to sort out this mess! I guess it's all a mute point now as Les Hutchinson deemed it fit to add his own to run operations. the line is now drawn in the stand. The only thing I'm interested in, is progression from this point!

• Like 1