Next Season's Squad

MelvinBragg

Sparing the fact that anyone will sign on again (Ainsworth, McDonald etc.), we need a minimum of 5 players coming in. More likely, with the amount of wages which have now been freed, we will be looking to bring in 9/10, players.

9/10 players? Not a chance. Already been said that he was operating with a squad too large - mind, that's different to having a squad with depth.

Was hoping Erwin might sign one more deal, especially after we nursed him through his two bad injuries. However, it does seem that we'd get some decent money for him (and continue to do so for all future transfers). So it would be decent business, and an overdue success from our youth system.

Would love to see Skippy join Pearson with a 2 year contract, but if he is settled in England, then I'm sure he won't be short of options closer to home.

we will be operating with a smaller squad next season compared to now so hopefully its quality over quantity were looking for,if we can unearth 1 or 2 gems like marvin johnson we'll be onto a winner.

we will be operating with a smaller squad next season compared to now so hopefully its quality over quantity were looking for,if we can unearth 1 or 2 gems like marvin johnson we'll be onto a winner.

Having said that what contribution have Vigurs, Lawson, McHugh and Cummins made this year? They would account for a few thousand pounds surely.

Sutton is the difficult one. Over two periods with us, he has averaged a goal every three games. Seems insane to even consider not offering a new contract. Does he have limitations? Sure. But 13 goals this season in a poor team while not starting every week can't be ignored and isn't easy to replace. He's only 31 so have to figure he'll want first team football.

I'd like him to stay but reckon we'll see him scoring goals (probably against us) for another SPL side next season...

I think we could easily bring in a load of players without increasing the budget when you consider the kind of money Vigurs, Lawson, Sutton, etc will be on. Would like big Handsome to stay right enough.

Got to agree, add McHugh, Carswell & Ramsden onto that who are all seemingly on a decent wage then I wouldn't be surprised if from Vigurs, Lawson, McHugh, Carswell, Ramsden, Sutton we would save £10-12k per week on wages easily.

3 or 4 replacing on similar wedge at £6-8k per week we are still saving a decent amount.

These figures are just conjecture and guesswork but you get the picture.

Next season might see Johnson on the right and Dom Thomas on the left.

What frustrates me is that McMannus can play, as we saw in the last two games. Unfortunately his performance level is one of the reasons we were second bottom.

Hopefully Leitch and Cadden can push on next season.

Barraclough brought in Laing, Johnson and Grant last season and I'm sure he'll have identified some other talent. I'd love to see Laing sign up on a permanent deal.

Moore will be in with a good chance next season is Erwin goes and I've heard the discussions with Leeds have been going on a while.

St. Mirren forum reporting Jim Goodwin signing on Thursday, apparently Bara played with him during his career.

Don't know what to make of playing half the season with 10 men.

Well we already have ramsden to get sent off but imagine its was goodwin against moshni yesterday quality

St. Mirren forum reporting Jim Goodwin signing on Thursday, apparently Bara played with him during his career.

Don't know what to make of playing half the season with 10 men.

Fucking hell, i'm not buying that. Surely not, unless he's coming in as a coach or something.

I didn't think Moore showed too much in his 10 minutes at Ibrox, but clean slate for everyone after a pre-season.

Think after the injury Craig has just come back from, we need to give him a chance to get a decent pre-season behind him and then see how things pan out for him.

Praying this Jim Goodwin story is nonsense, terrible footballer and I thought he was supposed to be in some sort of player/coach/mentor role for st mirren at the beginning of the season so that clearly failed.

They played together at Scunthorpe so that part is true. Hopefully the rest is pish though as he doesn't exactly fit the "young player we can develop and sell for a profit" mould.