Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

20 hours ago, MJC said:

And I stand by that, he offered next to nothing for us. But never mind me.

St.Mirren look strong and are playing well. That is why this is a horrible draw for us in the Cup as we have next to no chance of winning it. 

Mon now, they'll be slight favs being at home but I'd like to say not much between the sides. Let's build on last week's point with a performance the day.

McCoist spoke the best line ever as a co commentator at the last World cup final. When Mbape scored his third goal the English commentator said "that's the first hat trick in WC final since 1966."

And McCoist immediately said " and it's the first one where the ball crossed the line three times"

Absolutely brilliant.

• Haha 4

Just now, texanwellfan said:

I’d like to see him get a chance to see if he is or not. Didn’t look out of place on their championship team 

I think its a case of this manager doesn't really fancy him as much as the manager that brought him to Luton started to get dropped alot when Edwards came in.

As for never a Premiership player you don't really know until someone is given a chance sadly think he shall be on the move before window closes.

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

I’d like to see him get a chance to see if he is or not. Didn’t look out of place on their championship team 

He seemed to do ok when he was playing but I saw he tended to be dropped to the bench for bigger games or games against teams whose midfielders were more mobile. 
I’d love to see him play too but I think it’ll be few and far between. I think mid table championship is his level which is no slur on him at all, I doubt there’s any current spl midfielder who could perform in the English top league.

• Like 1

Somewhat related but perhaps veering a bit off subject, wonder how his wages compare to Turnbull’s. Turnbull seemed the more likely to be successful but thinking perhaps Campbell is making a bit more than Turnbull? Regardless, I’d like to see them both playing on a regular basis although I keep hoping Turnbull will live down south as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mio said:

I like wee Campbell but he’s never in a million years a premiership player. 

Thats it for me. A great guy; a fantastic work ethic, but he had his ups and some downs with us. He's made the most of his talent but probably mid table English Championship is his level.  Thats not meant to be a slight and in my book thats a very, very high level indeed, although my standards are modest compared to most.    

• Like 1