2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

According to STV news, we are trying to bring in another 2 players tonight, no clues as to who they are.

Ged Garner, a striker from Fleetwood Town, was named as a target, but Grimsby, Hartlepool and Tranmere are also meant to be after him.

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

A year or so ago I would have taken Kyle Lafferty in a heartbeat but not now. He’s barely played at Killie this season plus he’s 35 years old and by all accounts a bit of a helmet of a guy. I wouldn’t imagine he’s on our radar anyway.

"By all accounts"? , you don't need to dig too deep to get a handle on this boy

17 minutes ago, smiddy said:

we will get him fit for the marching season,    maybe he wont go as heez been to non staunch advisory meetings :)

or what ever they call them now

They hold them non staunch meetings in the War Office then u get promoted tae next door 

1 hour ago, couttsy said:

My thoughts exactly. With Penny and Sol gone, I think we need a left back, centre half and battling midfielder by the end of the night or we're in big trouble! You can add a striker to that as well if Mandron is out for any length of time.

Agree 100%. We need replacement bodies and fast. The clock is ticking. A good bit of business getting a fee for Sol though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Agree 100%. We need replacement bodies and fast. The clock is ticking. 

If we end the window with the squad we currently have then we are as good as down in my opinion.

The next five hours are going to be crucial to our survival chances this season.

We've already signed a striker, a winger, a defender and an attacking, goalscoring midfielder - while loaning out Maguire, Shields and punting Sol.

I'm not sure how many other changes you were expecting in January, but that's a pretty active window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Crucial to SH chances of staying in his job if we don’t bring in at least 3 and he loses tomorrow night then he has to go 

100 percent agree, it’s a sad day when St Midden are out signing you.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

We've already signed a striker, a winger, a defender and an attacking, goalscoring midfielder - while loaning out Maguire, Shields and punting Sol.

I'm not sure how many other changes you were expecting in January, but that's a pretty active window.

A minimum of 3 please. We should be addressing central defence (we now have 2 fit players there), a replacement left back (we've known Penney was leaving for some time), and a defensive midfielder (we've all known about this deficiency for months).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

I know that, but the striker is injured, the winger is so far unproven, albeit promising and we don’t really know anything about the goalscoring midfielder. We still lack, as far as I can see, a ball winning midfielder, a left back and a player who can offer something from wide or in the final third. 

It has been an active window but we need quality over quantity, if you pardon the cliche.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Its more out than that if you include Moult, Aarons, Fox, Penney and Connelly so that's 8 out the door for 4 in and one is crocked already

7 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Not usually one of those guys, but I’m now starting to get pretty apprehensive. 

Think the fact we are leaving it late doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. 

Relegation becoming more and more a worry. 

@siebsbarmyarmy like you I've been trying to remain optimistic. 

From the current team I see us having a very decent keeper and decent (not brilliant) attacking options. 

That leaves a full defence and core midfield that I have little confidence in. 

In the past when our backs have been against the wall there's always been a quorum that I believed in would see us through. From guys like Leitch, Craggs, Hammel, Lasley, McManus, Faddy, Turnbull, Campbell etc. 

We don't have anyone like that now (who remain as players) 

Appreciate this is captain hindsight but the last 4-5 years have been a decline , so much so a large majority of our fans expect relegation.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A minimum of 3 please. We should be addressing central defence (we now have 2 fit players there), a replacement left back (we've known Penney was leaving for some time), and a defensive midfielder (we've all known about this deficiency for months).

Yep, that’s spot on.

• David locked this topic