Ross County v Motherwell now Tuesday 04/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

7 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Last top flight away 0-5 anyone ???

Not a League match but we beat Livingston 5-0 away from home in the League Cup in 2004 and Livingston were in the top flight at the time.

The closest I can think of in the league was the aforementioned 5-1 at Inverness in 2012 and a 4-0 win at Tannadice in McGhee’s first spell in 2009.

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

Not a League match but we beat Livingston 5-0 away from home in the League Cup in 2004 and Livingston were in the top flight at the time.

The closest I can think of in the league was the aforementioned 5-1 at Inverness in 2012 and a 4-0 win at Tannadice in McGhee’s first spell in 2009.

I think there was also a 5-1 at Firhill in-between Christmas and New Year one year, with Faddy (in his 2nd spell) absolutely unplayable 

10 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Some of the posts on this thread did not age well. Fantastic result.

Yep, my thoughts too, just reading them the morning after.

I thought we played quite well in first half, some nice stuff at times, RC a lot more direct.

You get the usual posts tho, e.g " brutal" ,

" we re not in it" , games are seldom won in first half.

Might be doing well to hang on to guys like Slattery , anyway well played lads

9 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Really poor first half, couldn't make up my mind if it was RC that forced us into hoofball or that's the way we decided to play. Second half was like night and day so I suspect hoofball wasn't our plan. Played really well in the second half and were clinical.

That's not first half I watched, we passed it well at times, RC played it kong

5 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

It's the first I've seen of the game,I've made comments on KVV and Joe on how pleased I was for them with there contribution,cos they have been getting a bit of stick on here,but mat Penney deserves a lot of credit he was superb last night

14 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Poor show from County last night, packing all our fans into a corner of a  small stand. Why do this its so unnecessary and serves no purpose. They're not the only club to do this i.e. Livingston. 

When you have a large section of your travelling support that have proven consistently they can't be trusted to behave themselves, it not really that hard to work out why this sort of thing happens.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

When you have a large section of your travelling support that have proven consistently they can't be trusted to behave themselves, it not really that hard to work out why this sort of thing happens.

That doesnt really justify it though does it? 

Not as if they would be coming into contact with any of the home fans. 

They could have cordoned off half the stand from the goals to the corner and achieved the same objective with the same numbers of stewards.

That would have allowed fans to at least get a half decent view of the game.

As it was fans have made that journey in bad weather, paid £28 to get a shite view of their team.

What happened to football being "entertainment"?

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Poor show from County last night, packing all our fans into a corner of a  small stand. Why do this its so unnecessary and serves no purpose. They're not the only club to do this i.e. Livingston. 

I'm not sure how many well fans made the trip up to Dingwall last night, but clubs like RC are happy to have the ground full of Ugly sisters fans etc with all the revenue that generates. when it comes to a few hundred well fans, they are not going to open the larger stands, pay energy costs, stewarding etc so they will get squeezed into the smallest space available, which  I presume was the corner of the already open main stand.

It's all about costs, Motherwell have done the same over the years, ie not opening the South stand and putting small numbers of away fans in the end of the POD nearest to the Cooper stand.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

That doesnt really justify it though does it? 

Not as if they would be coming into contact with any of the home fans. 

They could have cordoned off half the stand from the goals to the corner and achieved the same objective with the same numbers of stewards.

That would have allowed fans to at least get a half decent view of the game.

As it was fans have made that journey in bad weather, paid £28 to get a shite view of their team.

What happened to football being "entertainment"?

I agree it doesn't, and it's not fair, but that's not the point. 

If it all kicks of then having everyone already penned in to the corner will no doubt make things easier. 

I'm not saying that's the only reason it's happened, but no doubt it played a part . Why would any team be accommodating to an away support that includes a large element that consistently makes a nuisance of itself?

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I'm not sure how many well fans made the trip up to Dingwall last night, but clubs like RC are happy to have the ground full of Ugly sisters fans etc with all the revenue that generates. when it comes to a few hundred well fans, they are not going to open the larger stands, pay energy costs, stewarding etc so they will get squeezed into the smallest space available, which  I presume was the corner of the already open main stand.

It's all about costs, Motherwell have done the same over the years, ie not opening the South stand and putting small numbers of away fans in the end of the POD nearest to the Cooper stand.

I dont think they were in the main stand though. They were in the very corner of the away stand behind the goal. The worst possible view. The main stand would actually be better. Likewise when we have put fans in the POD.  I get stewarding heating costs etc, but if the stand is already open, what does it matter if they are sat in one section in the corner or one section behind the goal? If you are gonna give fans a poorer experience, at least drop the price to reflect that.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I dont think they were in the main stand though. They were in the very corner of the away stand behind the goal. The worst possible view. The main stand would actually be better. Likewise when we have put fans in the POD.  I get stewarding heating costs etc, but if the stand is already open, what does it matter if they are sat in one section in the corner or one section behind the goal? If you are gonna give fans a poorer experience, at least drop the price to reflect that.

My fault I assumed they were in the main stand as I could not see any away fans behind the goals in the highlights but realised they were right in the corner when I saw better view of KVV's 2nd goal I think :D but agree a shite view to give fans with all that space available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pepper said:

If it all kicks of then having everyone already penned in to the corner will no doubt make things easier. 

I'm not saying that's the only reason it's happened, but no doubt it played a part . Why would any team be accommodating to an away support that includes a large element that consistently makes a nuisance of itself?

Given the time and distance of the match most of those attending were retired fellows, the likelihood of it kicking off was low, although there were grumbles about a steward standing in the line of sight.

2 hours ago, Pepper said:

I suspect that you're right. Security probably played a part, although thats not the full story.  We've been to stadia with no history of "over exuberance" and still been penned in though.  In effect its tarring all our away support with the same brush.  The safety, wellbeing and comfort of those who are not part of the Bois though is being completely ignored.  On several occasions I've been  at Livingston where a part of the stand was sectioned off for our support.  Fans arriving even 15 mins before kick off struggled to find 2 seats together, but would they open an adjacent section of the stand? No way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pepper said:

Still don’t understand why Livi don’t just use the whole of that stand when the two ends have no supporters in them.

Been saying for a while that their is an element of our support both home and away whose behaviour leaves a lot to be desired for but the club just bury their heads in the sand.  It's the genuine supporters that will end up being punished. Anyway back to the action on the pitch, same again on sat please

Back on topic, it was nice to see a lot of the chances going in after playing well and not capitalising against D Utd and Hertz. As someone said previously, someone was due a doing from us.

That was the difference last night, we took our chances when they came. We were poor in the first half but getting the penalty and more importantly scoring it gave us that platform to build on. Once we got the second goal there was only going to be one result last night and you could see us grow in confidence from that point.

I said this a few weeks ago that had we scored any of our chances against Dundee Utd and had KvV stuck away his chance against Hearts then we would not have lost either of those games. As it was you could see the frustration creep in especially to Van Veen in the Utd game and when we went 0-1 behind against Hearts our heads dropped and we were never likely to come back.

My point being that scoring the first goal is hugely important for this team.

23 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I missed what silence was for 

23 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Tragedy in Indonesia at the weekend where 121 fans died in a crush 

it was somebody’s mum

DINGWALL, SCOTLAND - OCTOBER 04: Both sets of players observe a minutes silence for Ross County supporter Peggy Munro during a cinch Premiership match between Ross County and Motherwell at the Global Energy Stadium, on October 04, 2022, in Dingwall, Scotland. (Photo by Mark Scates/SNS Group via Getty Images

• Thanks 1