Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

6 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

So Kettlewell it is then 🤷‍♂️

Not accepted it yet I don' t think.

We're all boiling with anticipation, but if he takes it, some of the support will be in their element.

2 minutes ago, Wellsince1976 said:

Offered it after the game yesterday according to the news and still to decide. Worrying?

Probably cause 'flow called him about the Aberdeen job...

• Haha 1

Just now, texanwellfan said:

Is the offer till end of season or a longer contract. Or end of season and see? 

That could well be the sticking point. Popular opinion seems to be that he should be offered it until the end of the season but he seems like a confident guy so he might think he deserves longer. With his results so far he’s in a decent bargaining position.

9 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

That could well be the sticking point. Popular opinion seems to be that he should be offered it until the end of the season but he seems like a confident guy so he might think he deserves longer. With his results so far he’s in a decent bargaining position.

Aye I reckon this could be it. If he takes a deal to the end of the season, and we go down, he won't be in a great position of getting another decent managerial job any time soon, and will be tossing away his current role for good measure. 

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

If you're talking about Declan Gallagher, I'd say it did because he often talked about how wrong it was, how it changed him, and showed some genuine remorse. I have the same thoughts about Martindale at Livi.

On the other hand, if we're talking about Paul Quinn's conviction for assault and subsequent behaviour, but still making him captain, I'd say that was a terrible decision and - if you can be bothered to search my posts - one I complained about on multiple occasions.

As I said earlier in the thread, there's politics and there's politics. I have good friends whose politics are very different from mine, but I have no good friends who are racist.

ffs boys    yous are off tangent            weve been shite all season playing dugmeat etc   THEN we win 2 games in a row to go 6 points clear of the bottom teams                                   and yous want to talk about politics, shite captains and non start managers like ollie      ffs men just draw a line over the petty point scoring and concentrate on the possitive things    like grizzly having feck all jokes left        only my opinion but lets drop it   :) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smiddy said:

ffs boys    yous are off tangent            weve been shite all season playing dugmeat etc   THEN we win 2 games in a row to go 6 points clear of the bottom teams                                   and yous want to talk about politics, shite captains and non start managers like ollie      ffs men just draw a line over the petty point scoring and concentrate on the possitive things    like grizzly having feck all jokes left        only my opinion but lets drop it   :) :)

Knock Knock.....who's there 😂😂

• Haha 1

If for whatever reason Kettlewell was to turn the offer down, it would leave the club in a difficult situation. You would imagine that McCann or Holloway would not be happy about being second choice to a relative rookie. It could mean that the process would have to start again.

Also if Kettlewell was to turn the offer down, would he be in a compromised position for taking the team this coming weekend?

Hopefully they are just ironing out the details and it will all be resolved soon.

4 minutes ago, star sail said:

If for whatever reason Kettlewell was to turn the offer down, it would leave the club in a difficult situation. You would imagine that McCann or Holloway would not be happy about being second choice to a relative rookie. It could mean that the process would have to start again.

Also if Kettlewell was to turn the offer down, would he be in a compromised position for taking the team this coming weekend?

Hopefully they are just ironing out the details and it will all be resolved soon.

In all honesty I can't see why he would turn it down, does he want to stay as the academy boss instead of getting back to management I'm not so sure. As you say I'm sure it's just sorting out the contract details and he will be in charge permanently on Saturday.

Contract only to end of season has implications .

Does he concentrate on results only, to extend his contract. Why would he bother tying up out of contract young players or improve things as he sees fit for next season if he’s not secure in the position or maybe thinking I could be wasting my time if it’s not extended. Then again if I do well here I could get a better gig in closed season somewhere else .

We could be left managerless with another manager-go-round again once season is finished, with time running out to prepare for a new season. Short term contract is a non starter.

For me whoever is going to get the job it should be on a longer contract. Till the end of season wouldn’t  suit both his or the club’s future .

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Would you be OK with someone who said they hate black people, would never have a Jew in the team and gays should be euthanised? If not, then you also have a line you think that shouldn't be crossed. The challenge for anyone is where to draw that line.

We've set ourselves up as a club who serves the local community so it would be a bit incongruous if we hired a manager who was opposed to the causes and people we support.

Hear here! 

5 minutes ago, stv said:

Does he concentrate on results only to extend his contract. Why would he bother tying up out of contract young players or improve things as he sees fit for next season if he’s not secure in the position or maybe thinking I could be wasting my time if it’s not extended. Then again if I do well here I could get a better gig in closed season somewhere else .

We could be left managerless with another manager-go-round again once season is finished, with time running out to prepare for a new season. Short term contract is a non starter.

For me whoever is going to get the job it should be on a longer contract. Till the end of season wouldn’t  suit both his or the club’s future .

Disagree its like a trial period for the club allows them to see his impact across half a season and the club need sellable assests so will be determined to keep the youngsters like Johnston and Deano and our good players like kvv beyond the end of the season personally would be happy to let all of their contracts run out bar the young players and kvv as theyve been pish all season and let a new manager put his own stamp on the squad 

48 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

In all honesty I can't see why he would turn it down, does he want to stay as the academy boss instead of getting back to management I'm not so sure. As you say I'm sure it's just sorting out the contract details and he will be in charge permanently on Saturday.

At the moment I’d imagine he’s making good wage as the academy’s head, add to that what he makes through tv/radio work, all without any real pressure.
If he takes the job how much more would he get and how much stick could he get?
No wonder he’s taking his time. 

8 minutes ago, stv said:

Does he concentrate on results only, to extend his contract. Why would he bother tying up out of contract young players or improve things as he sees fit for next season if he’s not secure in the position or maybe thinking I could be wasting my time if it’s not extended. Then again if I do well here I could get a better gig in closed season somewhere else .

I wouldnt imagine there will be many contracts being discussed until we find out what league we will be playing in. Doesnt make much sense for the club or the players.

1 minute ago, thewelllfan said:

Disagree its like a trial period for the club allows them to see his impact across half a season and the club need sellable assests so will be determined to keep the youngsters like Johnston and Deano beyond the end of the season personally would be happy to let all of their contracts run out bar the young players as theyve been pish all season and let a new manager put his own stamp on the squad 

Where’s the money going to suddenly appear from for all these new players comming in. Free transfers and out of contract players I suspect, that went really well the last times we’ve tried it.

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

I wouldnt imagine there will be many contracts being discussed until we find out what league we will be playing in. Doesnt make much sense for the club or the players.

Certainly something other managers have remarked on in the past. The sooner we mathematically rule out relegation, the sooner we can start contract negotiations.

I would be amazed if Kettlewell is not the next full time manager and sure he will be now once everything is agreed ,The likes of Holloway is too much of a gamble right now.  

Enjoyed that game yesterday ,  best I have enjoyed any game at Fir Park for at least 3 seasons I would say

• Confused 1

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread