2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

9 hours ago, wellfan said:

Kettlewell said something at the end of his pre-match press conference earlier today that would suggest Morris will soon be away. Anyone know anything about this, and Crankshaw?! The website hasn't even been updated with our new manager and assistant yet, let alone players. 

Unsure what the deal is with Morris but I Crankshaw I believe was sent back to his parent club weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

Unsure what the deal is with Morris but I Crankshaw I believe was sent back to his parent club weeks ago.

Did find his answer very good given he probably wasn't expecting to be asked about Morris - an absolute waste of a jersey and wage that's for sure, need to try and offload him ASAP. 

Interesting to hear Danzaki and Efford both struggling, was hoping to see both make an impact in the last few matches of season, would like us to sign Efford again but not sure that will happen and both need a good pre season!

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Rumour has it we are in for Scott Arfield ?

Player / Coach deal lined up, makes sense from point of view SK still without a coach in the dugout and has said we are a couple down on a couple of occasions. 

Would bring a bit of quality to the midfield as well let's face it, badly lacking in quality.

Arfield would be a very good short term signing. He has a level of quality we dont really possess in midfield. How he would fit into a Kettlewell squad, Im not sure. But if we were able to get him it would be a bit of a coup. Similar to back in the day when we got Cooper and Russell when everyone thought they were finished. The level of experience and winning mentality they brought with them helped the rest of the squad.

10 hours ago, wellfan said:

He better leave his arselicking salute behaviour in Ibrox. 

Unless hes up gor a drastic wage cut, I don't think he will be anywhere near Fir Park, he'll end up at Tynecastle with Hearts they have lots more cash to offer than us.

11 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I would give him a two year deal looking at his record keeps himself fit played 40-50 times each season he was at Rangers also good for a goal.

Would improve our midfield greatly but i suspect bigger clubs with more wedge will be sniffing about him.

The obvious clubs would be Hearts, but they already have Snodgrass, or Dundee United if they stay up, but they already have an unsustainable wage bill. Hibs? Maybe.. Aberdeen, I suspect are going younger. 

Would I sign him? Not sure. Spittal has been doing well as the most advanced of our midfield three so Arfield might seem like an expensive luxury. But I don't think he'll be outwith our price range...

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

The obvious clubs would be Hearts, but they already have Snodgrass, or Dundee United if they stay up, but they already have an unsustainable wage bill. Hibs? Maybe.. Aberdeen, I suspect are going younger. 

Would I sign him? Not sure. Spittal has been doing well as the most advanced of our midfield three so Arfield might seem like an expensive luxury. But I don't think he'll be outwith our price range...

Hearts binned Snodgrass when Naismith came in as interim manager.

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Ah, the Arfield rumour has surfaced agaIn. You'd imagine that Dundee will have bucket loads of cash to splurge on anybody and everyone.

Given that they only have 4 players under contract for next season, they'll certainly be needing lots of cash.

8 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Unless hes up gor a drastic wage cut, I don't think he will be anywhere near Fir Park, he'll end up at Tynecastle with Hearts they have lots more cash to offer than us.

He won't be taking a wage cut though, will he? His contract at Rangers is complete, so what he earned there over the past few years doesn't matter now. He won't be negotiating based on what he earned at Rangers, he'll be fielding offers from interested clubs and then seeing what deal suits him the most.

It could be strictly financial, or it could be the chance the play for a year or two on less money but be given the chance to get his foot in the door of the coaching side of things. 

9 hours ago, GrahamH said:

Hearts binned Snodgrass when Naismith came in as interim manager.

That I did not know. Cheers. Then Arfield to Hearts makes sense. Although as Dave pointed out in another post, it has that feeling of a signing Dundee would blow a large chunk of their budget on...

• Like 1

Thinking about the upcoming season and assuming we keep the 352 shape what areas would you improve

Kelly/Oxborough

Mcginn/Mugabi Butcher/New Cb Blaney/Lamie

New RWB/New Rwb Slattery/New Cm Goss/Maguire/Miller Mcginley/New LWB

Spittal/Danzaki/Tierney

Van Veen/Shields Efford/Aitchinson

Looks like the squad we have contracted with only assuming Mcginn and Goss renewing who would you bring in to improve us

55 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Dont think hed come personally want Furlong back for another season

I think Furlong is out of contract at Brighton so there could be a chance of getting him on a permanent basis if they don’t offer him anything. 

9 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Dont think hed come personally want Furlong back for another season

I can't say I watched him too closely yesterday but I wouldn't be keen on any of the Dundee Utd players 

It's shocking they have been relegated, the wages they are on between 4 and 7 k a week supposedly  , managed to   work their way through 3 managers ...they should be really embarrassed 

• David locked this topic