2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

7 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Getting a decent striker in still has to be the priority and we should be nowhere Moult. Dundee United would be ideal for him.

Or St. Mirren as they need to replace Curtis Main.

27 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

While he has some pedigree, over the last four seasons Souaré has played under 40 games. I'm assuming that we feel his fitness won't be an issue having looked at him in training but I have my concerns...

Maybe that's why it's only a six month deal initially to see how it goes and if he keeps fit etc

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Maybe that's why it's only a six month deal initially to see how it goes and if he keeps fit etc

Possibly. Although it could also be that like Johnston last season, they feel Wilson needs another six months just to be totally ready for the first team...

What a thoroughly underwhelming 'highlights' package. So he can pass a ball two yards and likes a dive. Hope it's a case of it being a poor video of a good player rather than vice versa.

6 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

What a thoroughly underwhelming 'highlights' package. So he can pass a ball two yards and likes a dive. Hope it's a case of it being a poor video of a good player rather than vice versa.

Nah. I'm sure SK just watched that vid from a youtube random and signed him up on the spot.

• Haha 1

C'mon guys, can someone not just do what normally gets done on here and label the guy as 'shite' before we even see him in a strip ??

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

He should help balance out the sash away kit, at least.

We were going to issue him with the no 16 or no 90 jersey but he didn’t want to cause offence , seems even he has heard how fickle well support can be.

On 7/15/2023 at 2:52 AM, Stuwell2 said:

To me the definition of a wage thief was the fucker who didn’t play for 6 month claiming a back injury but as soon as his contract was up fucked off up north and miraculously was fit enough to play again.  

am with you   the man was  a genuine wage thief      and just so we all know who he was     mr ian viguars  thank you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Guy looks like a bomb scare if he jumps aboot like that up here he'll be off every second week

Confident interceptions, reading passes and comfortably tidying up in defence don't make good youtube videos. 

Just now, MelvinBragg said:

While he has some pedigree, over the last four seasons Souaré has played under 40 games. I'm assuming that we feel his fitness won't be an issue having looked at him in training but I have my concerns...

Players with that pedigree who have been playing consistently the past few years wouldn't be anywhere near Fir Park. 

Looks like he's had some injury issues since a serious car crash when he was at Crystal Palace, and hasn't really kicked on since. I guess depending how the deal is structured it's a worthwhile gamble. Being as he was released by Morecambe after only being there for a few months I doubt he's come in on big wages. 

He'll either look really good and get a move in January, or look rubbish and disappear in January. Either way, he's an extra body in the door.

I was talking earlier about getting some younger players into our back line with Butcher, McGinn and O'Donnell all in their 30's.

Now we sign Souare who's 33.  Might be a decent player individually but I have my concerns collectively.

The impact Johnston made last season and even in individual games coming on was there for all to see.

In my opinion we need that kind of dynamism especially from one of the full backs.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pretzel said:

Scott Burns had posted a bit of a teaser, no club mentioned but he posted the character from the Jungle Book named King Louie. A rumour that might cause a few to have an aneurysm.

Would that be Dundee United and the playerLouis Moult? :biggrin:

He will play one game and be on the treatment table for the rest of his time there :whistling:

1 minute ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Would that be Dundee United and the player Moult? :biggrin:

He will play one game and be on the treatment table for the rest of his time there :whistling:

Or it will be the Tony and Louis show, the dream partnership, 25 goals each as untd romp home and back to the premiership 😁

• Haha 1

If moult stays fit enough he could easily be the difference in dundee utd getting promotion,I would wish him all the best but I can't stand them plus that tadger watt is still there.

7 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I was talking earlier about getting some younger players into our back line with Butcher, McGinn and O'Donnell all in their 30's.

Now we sign Souare who's 33.  Might be a decent player individually but I have my concerns collectively.

The impact Johnston made last season and even in individual games coming on was there for all to see.

In my opinion we need that kind of dynamism especially from one of the full backs.

We could never afford to sign a player like Johnston so there is zero chance we'll be bringing in someone has good as him on a transfer.

However, as SK said in his recent interview, he is already assessing our academy youngsters to see who can handle the step up, who needs to stay in the academy and who will benefit from a loan. He certainly talked a good game about getting the balance right between youth and experience.

It could be, that someone like Wilson is the next one to step up and fill that role in defence, or it could be that SK decides the youthful energy is better served by guys like Ross or Miller further up the pitch.

• David locked this topic