2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

I don’t want us to sign Halliday because he is a Rangers fan and ex Rangers player. We’ve already got a strip with a sash on it so can you imagine what the Celtic fans will say if we sign Staunch Andy? 

1 minute ago, MJC said:

I don’t want us to sign Halliday because he is a Rangers fan and ex Rangers player. We’ve already got a strip with a sash on it so can you imagine what the Celtic fans will say if we sign Staunch Andy? 

I can't imagine, because I listen to literally nothing that Celtic fans say.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MJC said:

Ok against my better judgement I'll bite so on that premis you would have opposed the club signing Davie Cooper, Bobby Russell, and Andy Goram, and all the other ex well players who have also played for Rangers over the years.

You really do spout shite, but if constant trolling helps you through the day,fill yer boots. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Quite pleased at the Curtis Main news. IF it was down to money, Dundee were always likely to blow us out of the water.

As for Mika Biereth we'll await developments, but its always risky putting so much emphasis on a dodgy loan deal. It does bring into spotlight though our striker signings in the summer.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Ok against my better judgement I'll bite so on that premis you would have opposed the club signing Davie Cooper, Bobby Russell, and Andy Goram, and all the other ex well players who have also played for Rangers over the years.

You really do spout shite, but if constant trolling helps you through the day,fill yer boots. 🤦‍♂️

Well that post by me was obviously shite and I would have hoped been quite clear that I wasn’t being serious and having a thinly veiled dig at a certain section of our support and a section of Scottish football fans in general, but I realise that sometimes you need a smiley or a * followed by an explanation for some people to ‘get it’.

On a serious note I’m not overly keen on us signing a 32 year old who’s hardly kicked a ball for the best part of a year and is well on his way to establishing himself as a pundit on Clyde 1 Superscoreboard alongside Gordon Dalziel as his main gig. But I do accept that we are short of options and need reinforcements so if we do bring Andy Halliday in then he’ll get my support.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Decent players, who've been regular starters and played a lot of minutes tend not to be available in January transfer windows, and if they were we probably could not afford  them.

So as the previous poster said that's our market, players not getting a lot of game time for whatever reason who might be just what we need.

I take your point on the availability of players and my feelings on Halliday might be slightly different had he made ten appearances of twenty minutes or so this season. He's made six. All sub appearances. And two of those, he came on in the 89th minute. 

I'm not asking us to sign other teams' first team regulars. I'm asking us to sign someone who has played some football in the last six months. It's the same reason I was against signing Matt Penney. But talking to people about Halliday, I seem to be in the minority. He'll get my backing if he signs but frankly I'd rather he didn't...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

just heard from someone  that big mika is away     anybody else hears the whisper ????   or am a to late with this news

Stories doing the rounds that Sheffield Wednesday want him, but haven't seen anything definite yet.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Quite pleased at the Curtis Main news. IF it was down to money, Dundee were always likely to blow us out of the water.

I'm with you pal. An aging pro who's played for more than a dozen clubs and will score 1 :7 games. 

He worked hard and offered a physical presence but we honestly not better than what we have already. 

At least it's getting busy and the rumour mills give us something to chat about. 

3 hours ago, MJC said:

I couldn't care less what Celtic fans thought of our signings.

Davie Cooper was a rangers fan and he didn't turn out too bad

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Stories doing the rounds that Sheffield Wednesday want him, but haven't seen anything definite yet.

ah heard from a good source he said his cheerios and went today ish, ie youth team player

9 minutes ago, smiddy said:

ah heard from a good source he said his cheerios and went today ish, ie youth team player

Wouldn't surprise me. Wednesday's new manager is picking up loanees who've done well at a lower level. It's a good move for everyone involved, except us.

12 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Wednesday's new manager is picking up loanees who've done well at a lower level. It's a good move for everyone involved, except us.

maybe hes not going to sheffield    ;)

30 minutes ago, smiddy said:

If he's away no point getting our knickers in a twist about it. Thems the breaks. Kettlewell certainly getting the chance to rebuild , is he up to it? Who knows time will tell , certainly his signings in the summer don't fill me with much hope.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Gies a clue.

London team, play in blue, set to offer him a fifteen year contract.

• David locked this topic