Motherwell v Kilmarnock 06/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

5 minutes ago, Mio Krivokapic said:

To be fair, I didn't read it as having a go at Grizzly. I read it as querying the phrase one big happy family - which judging by wellgirl's experiences I can understand 

Jeez!! All I meant was that we were all happy after celebrating a vital 3 pts. Scared to open my mouth these days, I was going to slag Richard Fosters shirt on sportscene last night but maybe I shouldn't incase I offend someone who might just happen to own the same shirt (but surely not!! Lol).  COYW!! (apologies in advance if COYW offends anyone) 

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Jeez!! All I meant was that we were all happy after celebrating a vital 3 pts. Scared to open my mouth these days, I was going to slag Richard Fosters shirt on sportscene last night but maybe I shouldn't incase I offend someone who might just happen to own the same shirt (but surely not!! Lol).  COYW!! (apologies in advance if COYW offends anyone) 

Don't worry I know what you meant - I suppose everyone has different experiences & I guess wellgirl just expressed that.

If it's any comfort I wondered what Foster's shirt was all about too 😉 -reminded me of one of those skeleton body shirts you see on halloween

No worries pal, I have every sympathy for wellgirl. Just couldn't understand why I was picked to bear the brunt of it.  And yup Fosters shirt a belter, surely with all of the royalties his missus gets for Mr Rock n Roll he could buy a better one. Ps.  Ricky if you are on forum I am only having a laugh!! 😜😜

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

It would be great for KVV to stay. He's a player of unquestioned talent who over the years has struggled to find the right club to settle down with.  

He's at a club that he enjoys, has fans that adore him.  This might just be the place for him to stay.

That said I thought the same about Tony Watt.  I'm still reasonably convinced that KVV and Watt would have proven to be an outstanding frontline. 

Must say some of KVV's touches and control over the last few weeks have been the stuff of joy.  Not since likes of Cooper have I seen a 'Well player with such a wonderful first touch. 

You wonder what would have happened with Watt if he had stayed, he’s now moved onto two more clubs and flopped at both. He may be lucky to actually find a club wanting to sign him after this. I really liked him when his head was in the right place, he was key to our successful run. However the alternative Watt is a disinterested player with a very poor goalscoring record.

Watching highlights I can't believe it took 4 minutes to decide that wasn't a red card, farcical.

Also just think of poor Martin who sits beside me as I caught him out yesterday, asked him what Taylor's first name was, he took the bait and replied with "Ash", cue grizzly who replied "AH AHHH SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE"!!! yep poor lad has to suffer that every home game!! 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was curious to see how many points we wouldnt have got had KVV not scored. I realise that games could potentially have panned out differently but just on the cold hard stat of removing all his goals from our fixtures would have seen us 15 points worse off that we are now. Relegation certainties. A big void to fill in the summer.

13 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Was curious to see how many points we wouldnt have got had KVV not scored. I realise that games could potentially have panned out differently but just on the cold hard stat of removing all his goals from our fixtures would have seen us 15 points worse off that we are now. Relegation certainties. A big void to fill in the summer.

Assuming KVV goes does he not have another year on his contract? Obviously if we get a large enough offer we can't refuse he will go but I hope we get another season to see if he can repeat or better his performances this year.

From where I was sitting yesterday,I didn't quite see just how good Kev's touch was for his goal but having seen the highlights it was a thing of beauty,there was nothing budget about that,it was a goal begkamp himself would have been proud of.its been some turn around from us since kettlewell came in,hopefully the planning for next season is now well underway now we know which league we will be in.

17 minutes ago, mfc said:

From where I was sitting yesterday,I didn't quite see just how good Kev's touch was for his goal but having seen the highlights it was a thing of beauty,there was nothing budget about that,it was a goal begkamp himself would have been proud of.its been some turn around from us since kettlewell came in,hopefully the planning for next season is now well underway now we know which league we will be in.

Don't think Bergkamp ever scored 20+ goals in one season in the UK 😉

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Im sorry you have had a negative experience. No excuses for that. 

Not sure having a go at Grizzly G is the appropriate response though. He is probably the least offensive person on these forums.

You have read some of his jokes, haven’t you? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

You have read some of his jokes, haven’t you? 

Aye, but its like a tv or radio show without its tropes. Just wouldnt be the same without them!

Grizzlys jokes and MJCs doom laden forecasts are part of the furniture 😆😆😆

8 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Aye, but its like a tv or radio show without its tropes. Just wouldnt be the same without them!

Grizzlys jokes and MJCs doom laden forecasts are part of the furniture 😆😆😆

Don't know what furniture I would be, I am certainly not a Tallboy!! Ba boom

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Nope, I wasn't...just shows you what  2 decent central defenders can do 

Even then, only really one of the is a central defender. I'd like to see what Butcher can do for us in midfield next season.

6 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

If you remove his goals but assume someone else would have taken the penalties (and scored) how does that work out?

Have I missed something ? Is KVV not contracted until the end of next season ?

All this talk of clubs like Aberdeen forking a transfer fee for him are ludicrous, no ?

I can imagine if the right offer came along, we might let him go, but surely it'll be on our terms.

10 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Have I missed something ? Is KVV not contracted until the end of next season ?

All this talk of clubs like Aberdeen forking a transfer fee for him are ludicrous, no ?

I can imagine if the right offer came along, we might let him go, but surely it'll be on our terms.

He is contracted until the end of next season. So we'd be due a bigger transfer fee if we sell him in the summer. 

The noises from the player and the club indicate both parties would be OK with that. 

8 hours ago, mfc said:

From where I was sitting yesterday,I didn't quite see just how good Kev's touch was for his goal but having seen the highlights it was a thing of beauty

And even that wasn't as good as the first time back heel pass into Spittal's path. That was ridiculous...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claretband said:

I think kevs takedown was every bit as good as this emoji2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The similarities are uncanny!

Nothing "budget" about Big Kev!

• Like 1