Hearts v Motherwell 03/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Our bus would’ve been singing all the way back to EK would you agree Happy Dosser ?

Absolument, me old haricot,  but I worry what happens when The Dandy Dons/Jam Tarts sack their manager.

SK's record with a severely limited squad is quite remarkable but it will attract the circling buzzards, ya bass!

Just now, Happy Dosser said:

Absolument, me old haricot,  but I worry what happens when The Dandy Dons/Jam Tarts sack their manager.

SK's record with a severely limited squad is quite remarkable but it will attract the circling buzzards, ya bass!

Most definitely. When you see Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen struggling then it will stand to reason that when the pressure starts ramping up on their managers and they are inevitably sacked then they will look in SK’s direction. That said you would think/hope that Robinson would be higher up on those clubs wish lists given he is more experienced and has been around longer.

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

The budgets Dons, Jambos and Hibees have are miles above us. Yet look at the job Kettlewell is doing.   Wonder how long before Dons fans start chanting for Robson to go 

We should be working on a 2 year extension for Kettlewell. At least that way, we'll be compensated if someone comes calling.

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

Don't think any player 'failed' today apart from maybe Bair. Midfield were all immense, as were the back line. We played some right good stuff in the first half. Even in the few times we got up the park in the 2nd, the football to get us there was good.

Bair did plenty today, he covered every blade of grass he chased down lost causes and generally hassled the Jambos back line no end.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mio said:

As much as at times I get a bit bored of the management buzzword stuff and the football psychology chat from kettlewell, I think it’s fair to say he’s doing a quite incredible job, he deserves so much credit and has taken a basic no frills squad and is working wonders with them. Frail, foster and Alexander deserve some plaudits too. 
outstanding stuff!!! 
The only manager we’ve had who I can think of that has transformed a poor team into winners was Davie Hay.

top of the league…. Get in there 

Spot on.

We look well drilled, organised and confident.

What he's asking the players to do is working, they know their roles and what is expected from them. They are responding and are improving with each game. Slattery looks so much better this season and the same with Spittal since Kettlewell took over

The manager has everyone playing to their strengths. It’s simple but so effective. The team also look together and work well as a unit. Obviously we will have disappointing results and dips along the way but the early signs are that we will be just fine this season.

Better than the sum of the parts.  

The absolutely strength today was being together as a team. It's been quite a few seasons since I've enjoyed watching a 'Well team defend and fight for one another.  Appreciate not a one off either, this has been building since day 1. 

Togetherness is key to our success and long may that continue. 

1 down against Killie but fight back to win. 1-0 up but have to fight with 10 men to retain lead. It’s just so good to watch your team put the work and effort into each game. Add to that we are playing some nice football at times make it just so much more enjoyable than it has been for a while. Lastly we are playing with a squad that we think will be strengthened once players return from injury. 
    Three tough games when we start back, St Mirren, still undefeated, followed by the OF

• Like 1