St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

I just don’t know how they set themselves up at free kicks and corners? Do they do zonal marking or man marking? We have some big defenders there, just attack the ball first and get it to fk out the box. 9 times out of 10 the opposing team player wins the first ball…. Every fkn week.

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

I fear Butcher could be Hartley Mark II.  Great few months at start then after injury never the same player 

Hartley was in great form in his final spell when we we finished 3rd on the strength of our defence. 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

I fear Butcher could be Hartley Mark II.  Great few months at start then after injury never the same player 

At least when Hartley was here we had Aldred in defence who was significantly better than any of our current options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mio said:

Sad day when Wee Gent is our only creative player. 
Thats 4 failed long throw ins from Odonnell now. Our obsession with this Sunday league tactic is depressing.

Your observations are always spot on Mio 

gent is only player with any creative outlook on the game .

last season we went back to 3 centre halves to shore up defence and it worked - this season it hasnt

be happy to go back to 2 centre halves and put something , anything into midfield /attack

• Like 1