Motherwell v Kilmarnock 03/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Game is there to be won.

Pretty even so far. Would even say we've had the better chances.

Annoyingly they scored with the only effort they have had. Played some decent stuff towards the end there tbf. Lovely finish by Bair. 

Delighted for Bair, he’s progressing well and has been becoming a handful to play against, I’m hoping Vale looks the part as I’d like to see 2 up top. 
The park hasn’t half been hammered, it’s as patchy as Halliday hair. I can’t see it getting better with the predicted weather…. Both the park and hair.

I said last week that these draws are dangerous and here we go again, this time dropping a place with Ross County having a game in hand.  Despite being told we're financially strong, if we go down that strength will be short-lived and I'm not sure we'd get back up as soon as we think. This was once a tram that could go toe to toe with the best of them.

Draw a fair result against a good killie side ,first half poor,too many long balls,big improvement second half,started to pass ball and get down flanks,bair my mom,thought he was superb second half,put in a great shift.onwards and upwards.

Pretty annoyed /frustrated - we were the better team , they were there for the taking .

waiting til 89 mins to put Nicholson on is frankly poor mgt .

feels like another 2 points dropped when we could and should be winning 

we’re in the habit of settling for a draw, super frustrating 

11 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

I said last week that these draws are dangerous and here we go again, this time dropping a place with Ross County having a game in hand.  Despite being told we're financially strong, if we go down that strength will be short-lived and I'm not sure we'd get back up as soon as we think. This was once a tram that could go toe to toe with the best of them.

In the last 5 games the bottom 6 teams have managed 3 wins between them (we have one of them). We're 4 points off 6th place. That's how tight this league is. 

Tuesday is a chance to pull away a wee bit, but these draws might end up saving us. 

Unbeaten i think 4 in the league now but we really need to start getting the W on the board at some point.

However we are competing feel like we have dropped 2 points against St Johns and two points today.

Just something that's not clicking to give us that edge hopefully we have it against Ross County midweek.

Onwards and upwards.

Some folk need to wring there knickers oot. 

Thought we actually played well for the best part in horrible conditions and probably deserved the three points. The first ten minutes they never got a sniff but typically the first time they ventured forward they got a few set pieces before they scored with the first effort they had. Quite surprised it stood as it looked a foul on Davor, esph with similar instances he pulled up for incidents involving Armstrong. 

I thought Paton, Spittal and Bair all played really well together, some nice phases of play but need to be more clinical. Paton could probably have won a penalty as McKenzie was pulling him as he drove into the box but he stayed on his feet. 

I can't remember Killie having much efforts on goal. They were however happy to volley anything that walked. 

• Like 2

Just now, pretzel said:

Quite surprised it stood as it looked a foul on Davor, esph with similar instances he pulled up for incidents involving Armstrong. 

An hour earlier VAR had refused to give  a penalty to Aberdeen for Johnston NFL tackling Gartemann as he was about to head the ball at goal so there was no chance they were going to intervene for any pushes in the box today. 

5 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Some folk need to wring there knickers oot. 

Thought we actually played well for the best part in horrible conditions and probably deserved the three points. The first ten minutes they never got a sniff but typically the first time they ventured forward they got a few set pieces before they scored with the first effort they had. Quite surprised it stood as it looked a foul on Davor, esph with similar instances he pulled up for incidents involving Armstrong. 

I thought Paton, Spittal and Bair all played really well together, some nice phases of play but need to be more clinical. Paton could probably have won a penalty as McKenzie was pulling him as he drove into the box but he stayed on his feet. 

I can't remember Killie having much efforts on goal. They were however happy to volley anything that walked. 

Killie had 3 shots, only one on target which they scored.