Motherwell v Kilmarnock 03/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

In pub..match report later but can't fault lads... deserved win.....Bair outstanding 

Bair has been superb of late. If he is a ‘project’ then it’s working. His confidence has improved significantly since mid/late December.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Granted I only caught the second half but we did look the better team. Having said that though we never really looked like kicking on and winning. The subs came very late indeed, Nicholson in the 89th minute just doesn't make any sense.

Another point on the board but still not good enough. Big big game on Tuesday, not quite must win, but absolutely must not lose.

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

Bair has been superb of late. If he is a ‘project’ then it’s working. His confidence has improved significantly since mid/late December.

I suspect it's good for him to have fans onside now. Personally I think he always put a shift in even when he wasn't scoring 

4 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I think is all round play has improved in addition to scoring goals

Sorry I missed it today and I'll miss the County game too as I broke my nose at a gig on Wednesday night and I've got two black eyes to boot. 😭

No one wanted my season today unfortunately but my brother's pal is going to take it on Tuesday night 

20 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I suspect it's good for him to have fans onside now. Personally I think he always put a shift in even when he wasn't scoring 

His workrate has never been in question, just his ability to deliver but he’s started showing that he can in fact deliver goals over the last month and a half. His confidence has increased significantly in that time too, which isn’t a coincidence. If he had a proper striker like prime Moult or KvV to support him then he would go from strength to strength.

We were piss poor for 30 mins, we settled and should have won it. Thought it was a could leading up to Millie's goal but will wait for TV evidence . We should have beat Hibs, St J and now Kilmarnock. Very frustrating but the fact team are not dominating us and we keep chipping away with points could be crucial.  We could see Hibs dragged into the fight. They are pish and now only 4 points ahead of us. Three points against RC could be huge. Thought Theo had a great game and Mr reliable McGinn had another good solid performance.

• Like 1

I'm on record as saying Bair is brutal, and never premiership standard, but the way he's playing I might have to reconsider that view, he's getting better week by week, his positional sense is still a bit ropy, and not enough sticks to him, but as SK's project he is turning out well so far. 2 points lost for me today, we deserved to win.

• Like 2

Just now, Spiderpig said:

I'm on record as saying Bair is brutal, and never premiership standard, but the way he's playing I might have to reconsider that view, he's getting better week by week, his positional sense is still a bit ropy, and not enough sticks to him, but as SK's project he turning out well so far. 2 points lost for me today, we deserved to win.

Maybe as Kettlewell said when he signed Theo he saw potential in him. Hopefully he will continue to do a job for us. 

Credit for getting back into the game after a shite start and scoring a good goal but the lack of quality in the final third is horrific. Bair has improved but we won't beat teams with him and Spittal as our attacking threat. Every Paton gets the ball in the box it's like he's a undercover opposition player, his end product is so bad.

Mugabi, SOD and Gent played well.  Halliday got cheered off the park after completing 15 passes in 75 minutes. The guy is chronic but out shite talking manager seems to think he is the main man. 

Good performance, take a point at the start of the day. We were the better team although not by huge amounts.

The biggest positive for me today was that we actually looked like we were playing as a team. One with a shape and purpose. Compared to some of the shite we have seen served up this season, its a major improvement.

Bair getting better with confidence. Will be good to see with more attackijg options.

Really could be doing with 3 points on Tuesday

Mon the 'well!

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Credit for getting back into the game after a shite start and scoring a good goal but the lack of quality in the final third is horrific. Bair has improved but we won't beat teams with him and Spittal as our attacking threat. Every Paton gets the ball in the box it's like he's a undercover opposition player, his end product is so bad.

Mugabi, SOD and Gent played well.  Halliday got cheered off the park after completing 15 passes in 75 minutes. The guy is chronic but out shite talking manager seems to think he is the main man. 

I don't agree with you about Halliday or Kettlewell. And there are plenty people not on here who think Paton had a decent game today. You're entitled to your opinion but does it make you feel good constantly running our team and manager down ?

Kettlewell didn't mention Halliday in his post match interview. So how you think he's the main man is beyond me. You are just being snide for the sake of it because you want Kettlewell sacked

I'll edit this to say that you do give players credit when it's due. But it's blatantly obvious you have a major problem with the manager. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Same as a lot of folk on here are saying, don’t you think it’s right?

I do, but its been right far too often of late. Positive signs and being the better team means hee haw if you can't actually win.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Kettlewell didn't mention Halliday in his post match interview. So how you think he's the main man is beyond me.

Halliday didn't even get subbed after throwing up on the park. He is some nick for a 32 year old that allegedly trains every day.

The club needs to develop and sell Lennon Miller and Kettlewell is letting him sit on the bench 

Edited by Yabba's Turd
Get a grip son. Moderation for a month, see if you can contain your pish

18 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Halliday didn't even get subbed after throwing up on the park. He is some nick for a 32 year old that allegedly trains every day.

The club needs to develop and sell Lennon Miller and Kettlewell is letting him sit on the bench 

wow those are shameful comments about our own player with absolutely no basis other than your shameful bigotry

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

paton gets about the park and looks busy,  but by feck when he gets in the box he turns into a motherwell miners amatuer player

18 minutes ago, steelboy said:

You are talking absolute shite. You just get off on making nasty comments about Kettlewell for the sake of it.