2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

2 minutes ago, wellfan97 said:

I doubt he was signed for his passing ability either we already had the likes of spittal, miller, Slattery and Paton at that point to do the more attacking/possession based stuff whereas Davor is good and breaking up play and a good tackler. Since we begun to play him more often our form picked up.

Halliday was signed after Slattery got injured I believe 

My problem with Slattery is he starts the season great for first month then he slowly goes missing it's been the same every season he has been with us.

Easily replaced in my book don't think he has pushed on as the club would have hoped he would.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

My problem with Slattery is he starts the season great for first month then he slowly goes missing it's been the same every season he has been with us.

Easily replaced in my book don't think he has pushed on as the club would have hoped he would.

Haven't seen that at all. Statistically he commits more fouls than most players in the league and is fouled more often than most players in the league.

That isn't someone gone missing. 

I think he's been missed since his injury.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Haven't seen that at all. Statistically he commits more fouls than most players in the league and is fouled more often than most players in the league.

That isn't someone gone missing. 

I think he's been missed since his injury.

Agree. Doesn't get enough credit in my view 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Taking away his injury he had 2.5 years at the club and was fit and on form for about a month at the longest at the beginning of this season. Then after the first international break he went back to his old self. 

He's had far more chances than most already. 

What offers are pending to existing players? Now that we are guaranteed premier status we should be able to bring those to a quick close one way or the other.  Either you want to continue to play for Motherwell or you are moving on. Decide now, so we know what we have to do. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

What offers are pending to existing players? Now that we are guaranteed premier status we should be able to bring those to a quick close one way or the other.  Either you want to continue to play for Motherwell or you are moving on. Decide now, so we know what we have to do. 

Kettlewell said in the press that all 15 out of contract players had been spoken to - this was at the beginning of April. 

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

Kettlewell said in the press that all 15 out of contract players had been spoken to - this was at the beginning of April. 

Remember spoken to could mean " thanks for your service but we're not offering you a new deal" I think there will be a bit of a clear out come June, it will be interesting to see who's left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

Can’t see Miller going to Hibs better to stay here 

https://x.com/robertsantonna4/status/1787540457989570790?s=46&t=Yi0H3LakxlXxc5QEsuI9Ug

The guy also tweeted in the same thread should we go in for him? He's making it up as he goes along in my view. He's also valued Miller at 850k taken from transfer talk 

Bournemouth want to buy him and they'll loan him to Hibs to let him keep developing not sure that would be his best career move anyway. Imo we shouldn't be selling Miller for anything less than Aberdeen sold Calvin Ramsey for in any case. 

26 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Bournemouth want to buy him and they'll loan him to Hibs to let him keep developing not sure that would be his best career move anyway. Imo we shouldn't be selling Miller for anything less than Aberdeen sold Calvin Ramsey for in any case. 

I dont think we should be selling him to Bournemouth for that very reason. And certainly not at a cut price.

I have it in my head that he is worth at least what we got for Turnbull. 

He has 2 years left on his deal. Best to keep him developing in our first team and sell him when the right bid comes in. As it will.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Bournemouth want to buy him and they'll loan him to Hibs to let him keep developing not sure that would be his best career move anyway.

It depends on what Bournemouth would be willing to pay him, as he'd then find himself still playing football in Scotland close to family for a while, but on much higher wages than we could ever give him. Or Hibs could ever give him either, I'd reckon.

47 minutes ago, alanos said:

This was the list of OOC Raith players (from the other week). Some are also on loan players.

IMG_1785.jpeg

Without checking any of the others, Sam Stanton isn't out of contract in May. He signed a 2 year extension in December.

9 hours ago, steelboy said:

Taking away his injury he had 2.5 years at the club and was fit and on form for about a month at the longest at the beginning of this season. Then after the first international break he went back to his old self. 

He's had far more chances than most already. 

You've called the entire midfield poor to hopeless so by that thinking then surely we should be getting rid of them all. Not just Slattery. 

And it's absolute nonsense that Slattery has only been fit and on form for one month since he joined us. 

Paul Hanlon? Getting released by Hibs

Arguably still Hibs best defender this season. (According to a number of fans on Twitter)

worth a 2 year deal with us? Even at 34? I wouldn’t be against it.

2 minutes ago, mio said:

Paul Hanlon? Getting released by Hibs

Arguably still Hibs best defender this season. (According to a number of fans on Twitter)

worth a 2 year deal with us? Even at 34? I wouldn’t be against it.

Sounds less of a gamble and good addition if we could get him.

46 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

This is the silly part of the season, some of the players people mention on here, jesus christ, gies a break. Let the manager manage and youse stick to computer football. Honestly Hanlon, could do a job with us, yes certainly, we need an experienced sub, not!!!!!. Shaun Bynre🤣yir having a giraffe!!! 

Well, "wee Dougie" has spoken, everyone. Guess we should all just log out and come back when next season kicks off.

Back to the "computer football" it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1