Dundee v Motherwell 6/4/2024

Kmcalpin

45 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If that was possible I'd have thought many teams would have already agreed that in other games this season.

Pretty sure they continue the game if the technology fails during a match (as opposed to the humans), assuming both sides agree. I imagine the same would apply in the event of an unfixable breakdown prior to kick-off.

11 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Covid? 
edit: sorry, didn’t see other posts from fellow smart asses before I replied. 

Should have said in a normal season.

Note to self. Engage brain before mouth.

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

According to Caldwell, Saturday at Dens or rescheduled for a later date. No Sunday, Monday or alternative location is acceptable.

Quite a good interview.

Don't imagine he's the type to take many prisoners by the sounds of him.

This is down to the SPFL and Dundee. We are the innocent party here. Its not down to incompetence. We're simply pawns in a "bigger game". With the final pre split games fast approaching  the SPFL could easily have scheduled Dundee's outstanding game against Sevco for last midweek. That would have left next midweek free for contingencies. What's the problem with that you might reasonably ask? It all seems very logical. However Sevco have a game on Sunday against guess who? Celtic no less. Therefore the SPFL had to give them a free midweek. Preferential treatment? 

As for Dundee, as Falkirk did years ago,  they prioritised playing budget over pitch renovation. 

Why should we suffer?

Nb. Thousands of complaints about sectarian hatred at Sunday's OF game, under the Hate Crime Act, but no action taken by Police Scotland. 

• Like 1

Shocking that we are having a pitch inspection again at 1pm

No consideration for anyone travelling up to this game

Final decision should have been made last night if we are playing at a different venue or behind closed doors 

Disgraceful. Clearly the pitch is currently unplayable. But hey, why don't you guys buy tickets and set off anyway and we will tell you whether the game is on or off as you pass Perth. Fans are the lifeblood of the sport and get treated like crap. All because the powers that be did not want to be accused of bias by insisting Rangers and Dundee play midweek before an OF game.

But then it is the Clubs that allow the cretins on the SPL Board to run the show. Nothing changes.

My guess is going by what the Dundee fans are saying that the pitch is currently borderline and with the rain off and strong winds theyre hoping that will be enough to dry the pitch out before 1pm.

If it works(optimistic)then game on if not there's going to be a lot of heavy flak going their way.

As usual it's the fans who are the losers.

Edit to add Just saw a video on P&B of the referee trying to bounce a ball on something resembling a beach. Can see why he wants another inspection before making a c**t of himself.

If it's unplayable at 11 am, that won't change by 1 pm. Delaying the inevitable cancellation is an appalling treatment of fans by the authorities, and I hope Caldwell raises hell if that is the case. 

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

If it's unplayable at 11 am, that won't change by 1 pm. Delaying the inevitable cancellation is an appalling treatment of fans by the authorities, and I hope Caldwell raises hell if that is the case. 

I may be wrong but it could be that it’s playable just now but they’re not totally confident it will still be playable later on if there’s more rain. Either way, it’s a shambles.

Disgraceful. Buses all leaving between now and 12.30. A lot of people out of pocket if this is called off. 
Dundee commenting on how our memories are short but we invested a lot of money to get our park up to scratch and the product on the field suffered because of it. Dundee ignored the issue and kept paying good money on players.

The Dundee groundsman was was sacked this year due to a disciplinary issue. That disciplinary issue was the fact he’d continually pestered the powers at be up there that the park needed upgraded but was ignored.

shambles of a club and the spl has a lot to answer for.

You don't expect a sensible, fan-based approach from the blazers, and shouldn't expect anything other than a shambolic dungheap of a pitch from a club who sacked their head groundsman months ago and failed to replace him.

• Like 1

Some of the social media footage of the pitch inspection is wild. Ball isn’t bouncing, park full of sand. Should be a fun game to watch.

Can’t wait to see what the park looks like at the 90min stage.

at least the support travelling has a game to watch.

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Game is on but is the pitch playable?

No, and it'll be even worse on Wednesday for the visit of the rangers. That game will likely get moved to a neutral venue and the fans of both sides given plenty of notice. 

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Game is on but is the pitch playable?

You would like to think it is playable Dave but if it failed an inspection 2 hrs ago I have my doubts. Surely both clubs need to be in agreement with the the officials decision, but then again its the SFA / SPFL we are dealing with.

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

You would like to think it is playable Dave but if it failed an inspection 2 hrs ago I have my doubts. Surely both clubs need to be in agreement with the the officials decision, but then again its the SFA / SPFL we are dealing with.

I am in no doubt that the game would've been called off weren't it for the fact of the looming split. Utterly ridiculous decision-making from the SPFL / SFA as usual. 

• Like 2