389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of people on this site may not know all the facts, but know enough to acknowledge that Gannon was in danger of doing more damage to the club/team had he stayed. Now it may be these people including myself were being lied to by all and sundry, but I suspect not.

Seconded. JG had his strengths but also his weaknesses. The fact of the matter was that he wanted to leave some months before he actually departed and had been showing an interest in other jobs shall we say. Many said he was working his ticket. More to it than that of course but that'll do.

SD has not spoken to anyone in the club, (Says who? I certainly never said anything either way) yet he knows that Gannon was misrepresented and is in fact Jose mourinho. (he's never said that)

Plenty of people on this site may not know all the facts, (that's what he and others have been saying) but know enough to acknowledge that Gannon was in danger of doing more damage to the club/team had he stayed. Now it may be these people including myself were being lied to by all and sundry, but I suspect not.

Like we've said many times - folk didn't like it up them and you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

FWIW I was delighted we appointed Gannon and said as much before it was official. But please do by all means keep preaching your message - something tells me you will ;)

I'm not preaching any message - I'm just discusssing the issues that are unfolding and offering my opinion.

The profile of who we are after is pretty much the profile of the guy we discarded.

Seconded. JG had his strengths but also his weaknesses. The fact of the matter was that he wanted to leave some months before he actually departed and had been showing an interest in other jobs shall we say. Many said he was working his ticket. More to it than that of course but that'll do.

Any proof ?

Stop asking difficult questions you. the old 'someone in the club told me' joker card has been played.

I heard from someone in the club that he killed grannies and buried them under the park - that's how the ush got gubbed.

Must be true.

I heard from someone in the club that the same board of directors who appointed Gannon knew the full facts and decided to tell him to GTF after 5 months in the job.

That's good enough for me.

See the folk that are asking for proof....what are you looking for?

I mean, someone with a genuine contact and who is genuinely in the know, is gonna be the last person to betray that trust.

So...what would satisfy your need for proof? If for example someone says he was interviewed for another job that he applied for, what would it take? Something that's impossible to provide i'll bet...so whats the point?

See the folk that are asking for proof....what are you looking for?

I mean, someone with a genuine contact and who is genuinely in the know, is gonna be the last person to betray that trust.

So...what would satisfy your need for proof? If for example someone says he was interviewed for another job that he applied for, what would it take? Something that's impossible to provide i'll bet...so whats the point?

Someone who is genuinely in the know seems to be telling a lot of stories ? Again if it's that bad, why not disclose to all ? Transparency and what not.

I really don't get the big inquest into Jim Gannon's departure (especially a year after the event). The board who appointed him 5 months previously and were in full posession of the facts decided it was in the best interests of Motherwell FC to part company with him. Having watched the teams performances leading up to that decision and subsequently heard of the unrest within the squad I am glad that he was given the boot.

Surely the onus is on the people who disagree with the decision to provide facts on why it was wrong rather than the other way round?

Well here is one contradiction. The official club statement read "Over the past couple of months it has become abundantly clear that the manager was not fully committed to the club and, despite our best efforts, he repeatedly refused to sign a contract."

Brown wouldn't sign a contract either, but the board didn't see that as an issue.

Well here is one contradiction. The official club statement read "Over the past couple of months it has become abundantly clear that the manager was not fully committed to the club and, despite our best efforts, he repeatedly refused to sign a contract."

Brown wouldn't sign a contract either, but the board didn't see that as an issue.

Gannon refused to sign a contract but I've never seen any quotes to show that Brown was ever offered one. According to Derek Johnstone on radio clyde (I know it'sprobably not true but he says he knows him) Brown was asking for a contract but Motherwell refused.

Gannon stated that he was prepared to sign a contract but the club could never draft it in a way that reflected discussions. i don't know the truth in that. Possibly someone in the know will know

It just strikes me that depending on the cast - we seem to be prepared to have distict views of the same story.

The contract situation - Gannon being difficult, Craig being a gent

Gannon's man management - or things being made difficult for him

Disrespect of senior pros - or senior pros not getting with the programme.

we'll never know really

Fuck - even though it'll implicate no-one - nobody seems to be able to offer one club that the devil himself was interviewed for

We're led to believe that he moaned about the quality of his tracksuit ( B-) aye right) - what a c**t eh?

when we had 670 pages on here about folk complaining that their replica shirt couldnt withstand a scraping doon a roughcast wall whilst pished - that's ok for us tho

He was a c**t for moaning about / winding up Dallas - yet we've been on the receiving end of som hellish ref displays this season at fir park this year and we've had no end of guys on here moaning, quite rightly about it - reams of it in fact. So again Ok for us, not OK for Jimbo

This thread is becoming depressing. I'm logging on looking for news of our "new" manager and we are talking about previous managers like Gannon etc. coming back.

I hope hell freezers over before we take back what we discarded or left because they had better opportunities. What is the point in that? Yes people rightly have their own views on what was good and bad about ex-managers, but they are EX and that should be that.

The Club's board has their criteria for a new manager and they know more than we do so I am leaving it in their capable hands. Whoever we get I will support 100%.

To me one of the biggest issues is that manager's have to live in and work in north Lanarkshire. They have families and many people would not deliberately choose north Lanarkshire as the place they want to live. I don't like to say it but it is true.

in one

Gannon refused to sign a contract but I've never seen any quotes to show that Brown was ever offered one. According to Derek Johnstone on radio clyde (I know it'sprobably not true but he says he knows him) Brown was asking for a contract but Motherwell refused.

Brown was offered a contract but wanted clauses built in which the club wouldn't agree to. Now the main reason folk like me and others stick up for Gannon is those who still feel the need to slate him even after all this time keep bringing him back up. If Broon wouldn't sign because of small print he's in the same boat as the previous incumbent.

Personal likes or dislikes, tales and titttle tattle won't make a case for either but what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If something seems unfair or not right then it's fair game to be commented on, thing is none of us know for sure what went on with Gannon but too many are prepared to simply believe what they're fed without question. If that's the case then fine but don't keep sniping and expect everyone to agree

We need somone in ASAP so why not McCall, he was a reasonably high profile player in his day so he will get the respect of the younger players, used to working with little or no money, alleged good contacts in the game. We should judge the new manager at the end of the season, not now :nod: