389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

If true, a potentially disasterous appointment that could cull our support further..

All appointments are "potentially disastrous". They're also "potentially brilliant" and "potentially mediocre".

Downsides would certainly be that he'd be referred to as "former Rangers legend Stuart McCall" as often as "Motherwell manager Stuart McCall" in certain sections of the press, and it would give more ammo to the "h**s without a bus fare" sleverers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources close to former Celtic striker John Hartson, who had been in the running for the Wales job before the appointment of Gary Speed, had suggested last week that he was expecting to hear from the SPL club.

On the positive it does mean that John Hartson can get up off his fat arse having set looking at the phone wondering if the batteries had gone on it, or whether he's had a faulty line for the last week. :lol:

happy enough with this news .. it was clear early on we were going to have to take a chance on somebody and the more i read about mccall the more i'm eager to see what he can do at motherwell.

100% behind him

will be interesting to see who #2 will be.

not impressed at all. Agree with the poster that said he'll need to get of to a flying start I can't see him getting backing for long. Infact I think crowds will get even lower

So fed up with football just now that relegation sounds like a good thing (insertWhiteyEmoticon)

I think Ferguson would always get a half decent gig (by which I mean higher profile than Well) due to the hope of Chairmen thinking of what they may get on loan via his old man.

While failing badly at the job as they realise being a top grade manager doesn't run in the family.

gordon dalziels names getting a mention on the radio for the job of assistant

That would be a strange one...

Quite happy with the appointment of McCall. As others have said, we all thought Davies and McLeish were crap in their first management job and both ended up managing in the Premiership. His record at Bradford was not fantastic but there was a great degree of expectation there, being seen as a big club in League Two. A lot of teams raised their game against them. Although he did have a bigger budget than a lot of the other clubs in the division, it doesn't guarantee success...

So for gods sake, people, give the guy a chance. Talk of banners telling him to F off already and crowds dropping... :lol:

fwiw .. chick young reckons tommy craig will #2

Given Chick's previous attempts (Chisholm and Dodds to name but one) it'd be a surprise to find him accurate about anything.

a) he's ginger

b) he's a hardcore h*n,

c) he has an utterly pish record as manager of a team that should of done much better

d) anytime i'm met the wee prick he's been bevvied, from lying in a sofa in george square to puking up in the Corinthian

e) i'd rather have any of the parkheid chemo crew who have no record than McCall who has, at best, an utter bollocks one

f) he always comes across like a total fucking dunce anytime he's interviewed

Utter shite appointment...Hamilton attendances at fir park within 2 years.

That would be a strange one...

Quite happy with the appointment of McCall. As others have said, we all thought Davies and McLeish were crap in their first management job and both ended up managing in the Premiership. His record at Bradford was not fantastic but there was a great degree of expectation there, being seen as a big club in League Two. A lot of teams raised their game against them. Although he did have a bigger budget than a lot of the other clubs in the division, it doesn't guarantee success...

So for gods sake, people, give the guy a chance. Talk of banners telling him to F off already and crowds dropping... :lol:

Hand to face all you want...quote me, bookmark the page and come back in May and see how things are ticking along.