The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

We made an offer for him in January but he wanted to remain down South. Highly rated at Spurs but has failed to fulfil his potential since Peterborough spent a bit of money on him.

Strikes me as the type of player that could excite and frustrate in equal measure.

Cheers. We do love the talented frustrators.

Random on twitter has Stephen McManus on the bench for Crewe tonight. Most likely shite but claiming it's our McManus.

ETA Although he has posted the team sheets and there is a Stephen McManus on it.

Random on twitter has Stephen McManus on the bench for Crewe tonight. Most likely shite but claiming it's our McManus.

ETA Although he has posted the team sheets and there is a Stephen McManus on it.

He didn't get on, but Chris Porter has signed for them..

Crewe: Garratt, Ng, Bakayogo, Nolan, Walker, Raynes, Wintle, Ainley (Lowery), Dagnall (Kirk), Porter, Cooper

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If we did want to move him on I'm sure someone closer to home would be interested. Also Crewe wanted a look at him surely they would have played him.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a different Stephen McManus.

He was also a McCall target, but he said we dropped out when Dundee Utd were able to offer twice the wages we could.

How many times have united gazumped us in recent times, Cifitci, Mario Belate, Edward Ofere and a few others.

Don't know much about Cifti. Is he pacey? I never got that impression about him. Plus, he was a McGhee target so I'd be surprised if Robbo was after him

We were also in for Bigirimana (along with Vuckic) in 2015 when Baraclough was here so I'm not sure it matters one way or another whether Ciftci was a McGhee target or not. Though clearly it matters if Robinson fancies him.

He's someone we had a confirmed interest in and if the reports and comments in January are true were quite far on in discussion with so it wouldn't be a huge surprise to me if he's on a big list of possible players that's put to Robinson for consideration.

Ciftci is a very talented player. He always seemed to play well against us. However, if things arent going well for him he tends to hide and disappear in games. Robinson seems to put a lot of store in getting the right "character" into the dressing room so be surprised if he was a genuine target.

• Like 1

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If we did want to move him on I'm sure someone closer to home would be interested. Also Crewe wanted a look at him surely they would have played him.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a different Stephen McManus.

Would be very surprised if he wanted to go to Crewe, can't imagine the money would be earth shattering and he has a young family.

If he was worried about 1st team football, I'd think he'd find somewhere closer to home as you say.

Must be a different Stephen McManus.

• Andy_P locked this topic