David

2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

Having seen the teams everyone else is putting out I feel quite confident about this season. Lamie and McGinley are question marks but we definitely have better options in midfield and up front than the other 9 clubs. 

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

Having seen the teams everyone else is putting out I feel quite confident about this season. Lamie and McGinley are question marks but we definitely have better options in midfield and up front than the other 9 clubs. 

I agree with the midfield and up front options but I think Lamie and McGinley are only question marks because they are new to us and will come good with a bit of time.

2 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

I agree with the midfield and up front options but I think Lamie and McGinley are only question marks because they are new to us and will come good with a bit of time.

They are both stepping up. It's a bigger step for McGinley but even for Lamie our system places more demands on a centre back than Livi's and he won't have the plastic advantage. 

8 hours ago, steelboy said:

They are both stepping up. It's a bigger step for McGinley but even for Lamie our system places more demands on a centre back than Livi's and he won't have the plastic advantage. 

True! We will just have to wait and see. I do remember the same being said about Rob McKinnon when he signed for us and that worked out very well.

12 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

Yes. I hope though that our midfield is good enough this year to take a lot of pressure off them and offer them a protective shield until they settle in.