Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Perhaps his injury was also a factor in them recalling him. They loan him out in August and a week later is out injured thanks to a shocking tackle from a hammer thrower. Scottish football gets a reputation for being full of dirty players and hatchet men and that would have played right into that stereotype. Then he comes back and they're watching him basically being the one quality player in a mediocre team.

Just my view as you said, I don't know if that's exactly what happened or not, but it could well have been a factor.

It's a shame all round really. Mika was the first person I spoke to at the calendar signing and he certainly gave the impression he was enjoying his time here. Of course he's going to take a better offer if he can get it - just a sore one given our struggles at the moment. 

33 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

It's a shame all round really. Mika was the first person I spoke to at the calendar signing and he certainly gave the impression he was enjoying his time here. Of course he's going to take a better offer if he can get it - just a sore one given our struggles at the moment. 

It's pretty obvious that Mika left because he was fed up playing for an idiot manager and shit team.

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, wellfan said:

It's pretty obvious that Mika left because he was fed up playing for an idiot manager and shit team.

Cmon mate. Mika left because he got an offer from a bigger club, with better players challenging for the league title. Arsenal also get more of his wage covered. You can blame SK and the club for a lot of things if you like, but not that!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

See KVV got a stupid yellow on his debut for Killie today 🤣

I'd put money on KVV being in the press in a few weeks time complaining about the plastic pitch. 

16 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

I was shocked when Kev took to the pitch today. He's put on some beef. Gna take him weeks to get up to speed.

He's not played since November apparently. Wonder whether he's going to be as worthwhile a singing as Killie thought 

32 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

I was shocked when Kev took to the pitch today. He's put on some beef. Gna take him weeks to get up to speed.

Yep we thought that too although he may just have been well wrapped up. 🤷‍♂️  Based on only this initial view it does confirm my thought though that it wouldnt have been  have been worth pushing boat out to bring him back.  

I don't understand Killie splashing out £250-300k for him for only 5/6 months. They are already in 4th spot and won't finish higher.  They won't win the Cup. They won't finish below 6th. So what's the point? An expensive act of vanity 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't understand Killie splashing out £250-300k for him for only 5/6 months. They are already in 4th spot and won't finish higher.  They won't win the Cup. They won't finish below 6th. So what's the point? An expensive act of vanity 

Look at the size of Billy's willy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Agree. A nonsense tbh 

14 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Might be they thought it was better to have him sitting on their bench rather than run the risk of him going to StMirren and them ending above Killie. 

When they finish in 6th and out of the Euro places and KVV is away back to Groningen they'll realise it was money wasted

27 minutes ago, smiddy said:

obviously after he rattles in goals against everybody else bar us.

Do you honestly think he will score lots of goals, he's looking overweight, hasn't played since November, so it's going to take at least a month to get him match fit he's not the goal machine from last season, but he's Killies problem now.

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Do you honestly think he will score lots of goals, he's looking overweight, hasn't played since November, so it's going to take at least a month to get him match fit he's not the goal machine from last season, but he's Killies problem now.

Exactly,it's going to take a few weeks for him just to get upto speed and killie have some decent options up front as it is so it's not like he's guaranteed to be getting 90 mins every week.by all accounts his mental health had suffered since he went back to holland and then there's theres the birth of his wean,you just wonder how motivated he will be between now and the end of the season.it may well turn out to be an expensive by killie but as you say thats there problem.on the fee we received from groningen,does anybody know if we got that in the one go or are we still owed money?

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

yes he is, but if he scores against the teams around us i for one will be delighted

First thing my mate noticed yesterday was that KVV looked a bit heavy .  They also have plenty options up front so I am not convinced it's money well spent but they have a chairman not short of a few bob 

KVV was awesome last season when SK took charge.   I thank him for that but he's Killie's player now .  I would rather focus on The Bair who I am delighted for and if he keeps up this form then SK has really pulled a rabbit out the hat 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Might be they thought it was better to have him sitting on their bench rather than run the risk of him going to StMirren and them ending above Killie. 

I had exactly the same thought earlier. Great minds think alike or fools seldom differ?  Its all I can come up with by way of an explanation.

• Like 1

Dom Thomas scored the winner for Queen's Park to beat ICT. Stuart McKinstrey played an hour.

Darragh O'Connor scored two as Morton thrashed Dunfermline 5-0 away from home.

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

First thing my mate noticed yesterday was that KVV looked a bit heavy .  They also have plenty options up front so I am not convinced it's money well spent but they have a chairman not short of a few bob 

KVV was awesome last season when SK took charge.   I thank him for that but he's Killie's player now .  I would rather focus on The Bair who I am delighted for and if he keeps up this form then SK has really pulled a rabbit out the hat 

Do you not mean a bair out of the hat

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

🤣 A rabbit?

I thought that would have been a Bair? But I have to agree SK has done a good job on his special project.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:40 PM, steelboy said:

The guy spent months chasing overhit long balls so everything he says is true. 

True, he was likely under the impression that he was coming to Fir Park to play total football, with a wee bit of tika taka on the side, right? 

Sold a bill of goods for sure.

• Confused 1