Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

On 11/17/2023 at 8:50 PM, GazzyB said:

Kaiyne Woollery was inconsistent but my god I’d take him over Conor Wilkinson any day of the week.

Well, they've both scored the same number of league goals for Motherwell.

8 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

If the clowns do want to observe the silence, they can stay outside or turn their back, shouting through it is embarrassing 

And as I said previously, some might say that it is the clowns who observe it. I also suggested that a football forum is not the place for this type of discussion. 

57 minutes ago, wellfan said:

And as I said previously, some might say that it is the clowns who observe it. I also suggested that a football forum is not the place for this type of discussion. 

Yes  probably a football forum is maybe not the place for this type of discussion. However we either continue with it or we don't. You can't have it both ways. 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Dont need to say it again then do you.

4 hours ago, David said:

There's other non-football related sections of the forum for this kind of chat. This is a thread for discussing the manager.

Fair point but it came about when suggested a potential manager and his comments on some Celtic fans actions ..one of the many reasons I wouldn't want him at fp.

So a tenuous link to manager thread, sometimes the topic can go in all directions, especially in an international week.

Anyway onto next well game .....

• Like 1

Let's cut the guy some slack tonight. I know some will say..."aye....that's now 10 without a win" but I doubt anyone expected that result today.   Knowing attitude of some then if we don't win next week there will still be calls for him to go but I am giving him whole of December as I still have belief in him.  Enjoy yer night folks and sportscene highlights 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Let's cut the guy some slack tonight. I know some will say..."aye....that's now 10 without a win" but I doubt anyone expected that result today.   Knowing attitude of some then if we don't win next week there will still be calls for him to go but I am giving him whole of December as I still have belief in him.  Enjoy yer night folks and sportscene highlights 

Exactly enjoy the result,it's been a while since the team hasnt ruined our weekend 😂. big result that but both the manager and players have to back that up next week and use today as a real turning point for us.

• Thanks 1

This is a great result and we’re all entitled to enjoy it given the circumstances and who it was against. But we must follow this up with a win against Dundee next week, otherwise the pressure will be - rightly - cranked up on SK again.

Didnt see the game today, but listened on the radio.

From what I heard, it sounded to me that SK had learned the lessons of the last few weeks, set us up to be difficult to beat, and try and play on the break.

Given the level of opposition it appeared to be the right team selection and tactic to get the best out of the players available.

Its a great point that alleviates some of the pressure caused by his recent mistakes.  However, he now needs to back it up with a more positive performance at home v Dundee next week.

Hopefully this is the start of something and not the end......

4 hours ago, MJC said:

This is a great result and we’re all entitled to enjoy it given the circumstances and who it was against. But we must follow this up with a win against Dundee next week, otherwise the pressure will be - rightly - cranked up on SK again.

Fair comment. Well done to SK and the players today. To snatch a very  late draw after losing a late penalty says something. But we have several winnable home games coming up and we must win those. Otherwise today's great result will be all for nothing. 

• Like 1

FFS we are shambolic, defend like schoolboys, no commitment, bereft of ideas, other than Mika no striker that can actually hit the target area, no plan B, 

Kettlewell’s time is up, drop him before we are rock bottom!

I know it’s controversial but we could do a lot worse than getting Scott Brown, knows how to defend, knows commitment and a winner. 

25 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

I know it’s controversial but we could do a lot worse than getting Scott Brown, knows how to defend, knows commitment and a winner. 

You mean get him to play in midfield? Because he's not shown anything in management to suggest he knows about winning or defending. His record at Fleetwood is similar to Kettlewell at County.

We’re a significsntly worse team that when SK arrived . 

When he first came in mugabi and sod were no where near the first team.

we now have a right back playing left back , a centre half in midfield , piss poor midfielders , one decent loan striker and the rest dross .

Three months of being absolutely dreadful and no signs of sorting the basics  

Defensively and Midfield we were shite last season, this wasn’t addressed at the start of the season, we needed at least one decent commanding CB, and a midfielder like the number 10 today, we needed to replace KVV, but not with floods of shite, Dundee done today what Hearts done to us an SK, didn’t know how to counter it, brutal to watch. Things have to change.

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

We’re a significsntly worse team that when SK arrived . 

When he first came in mugabi and sod were no where near the first team.

we now have a right back playing left back , a centre half in midfield , piss poor midfielders , one decent loan striker and the rest dross .

Three months of being absolutely dreadful and no signs of sorting the basics  

So why was he brought in a year ago if we were  better..we had just been beaten 3,1 By Raith and sitting near if not bottom of league.

Just now, Great Balls of Shire said:

So why was he brought in a year ago if we were  better..we had just been beaten 3,1 By Raith and sitting near if not bottom of league.

He did basics well a year ago - Hammell had lost the plot .

hes lost the basics and brought in utter dross .

hes not doing well - I don’t think there can be a debate that we have better players now than 12 months ago - we simply don’t