2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

7 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

If you look closely at his stats, Vale only started five games for Lincoln and scored two goals. On at least three of his eleven sub league appearance, Lincoln City were down to ten men when he came on, or a minute after..

Do these stats mean he's any good? No, but it's context. More context than a simple 'he scored two in seventeen appearances for Lincoln, he must be shit'. 

As with most of our signings, we won't know til we see him play...

Doesn't matter a fuck what he did yesterday, it's what he does tomorrow that matters.

23 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Our striking options are Bair and Vale both of whom are poor players. 

When did you see Vale play? Did you pop down to Lincoln for a match?

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Lincoln City fans said he was hopeless and they punted him back to Blackburn early. 

Can you not give the guy the benefit of the doubt and make your mind up after you've seen him in the flesh or is that too much to ask.

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I've known he's coming for a couple of weeks and had a look at what's been said about him. 

So you have never seen him play then. 

And you've been going on what their fans say. Do Lincoln have a steelboy perhaps? If so, he had no chance.

At least give the lad one appearance before writing him off.

Poor guy needs a first half hatrick when he starts and even then there will be cunts on here saying he missed the easiest one.

• Haha 1

I see very little criticism of Vale from their fans when it was announced he was leaving. The negative comments were more along the lines of 'why did we sign him but hardly play him?'

Either way, doesn't matter. Different club, players and management now. Be nice if the fans gave him some encouragement, which I'm sure most will.

Hello Jack, welcome to our club.

You will love it, but if you don't score after 10 mins of debut you will be written off.    As for me ....I will give you a good chance to hopefully save our season

Yours in sport

Grizzlyg....... Capricorn 

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Hello Jack, welcome to our club.

You will love it, but if you don't score after 10 mins of debut you will be written off.    As for me ....I will give you a good chance to hopefully save our season

Yours in sport

Grizzlyg....... Capricorn

Capricorn is a very unusual surname, never heard that before. Mind you I have heard of John Virgo 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

Wonder where they'll register on Steelboys pishometer.

He will have known who they are for weeks and been checking them out on you tube. So he can tell the world what failures they were at previous clubs and how they will get us relegated   Unless its Marcus Rashford of course.

2 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Steelboy, MJC etc expect to post nonsense and get a reaction.  

To be fair to MJC he just seems to be a 'glass half empty' kind of chap.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

To be fair to MJC he just seems to be a 'glass half empty' kind of chap.

Aye, its time to lay off MJC and Steelboy. Everyone is different and there are extreme pessimists and extreme optimists in  our support, and all shades of opinion in between. I often disagree with them both but at times they both write a lot of sense. Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater folks. Lets get back on topic - by all accounts theres plenty of activity due later to occupy us.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• David locked this topic