Motherwell v Livingston 08/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Following today’s result, and I know it’s always easy to look back at certain results and think what if…but if only we hadn’t lost to Kilmarnock or St Johnstone early on or drawn with Kilmarnock after being up, we could have been looking at a chase for Europe. Altho, we might not have seen SH sacked either

Very good result today. Delighted with the positive momentum and winning habit that SK has created with the team. 

Much stronger defensively and scoring plenty of goals. 

League is very tight at the bottom and relieved that we have created a fair amount of distance between ourselves and others. 

15 minutes ago, si91 said:

Following today’s result, and I know it’s always easy to look back at certain results and think what if…but if only we hadn’t lost to Kilmarnock or St Johnstone early on or drawn with Kilmarnock after being up, we could have been looking at a chase for Europe. Altho, we might not have seen SH sacked either

Well missing out on ‘Europe’ is a blessing in disguise imo. I can’t speak for anyone else but I know I’m in no rush to see us play another European tie after our embarrassing efforts against Sligo last summer and our previous pathetic efforts against Stjarnan in 2014. Plus us sneaking into the top six and Europe last year actually hampered us going into this season because it papered over some massive cracks.

After the way this season and the last year and a half have gone for the club then if we manage to avoid relegation comfortably and then perhaps finish best of the rest in the bottom six then that is good going for us.

Great result .... Again! - the upturn in form that Kettlewell's appointment has bought is staggering to where we were post-Raith.

van Veen just one away from 20 league goals - so doubly disappointing he couldn't have achieved that and a deserved hat-trick today.

Nice to see Spittal contribute with another assist & Johnston score and assist too - think thats 6 assists & 4 goals for Spittal this season and 3 assists & 2 goals for Johnston now

Comfortable win and some good spells of play.

Bit gutted Van Veen didn't get his hat trick.

We are looking decent with quite a few 'nailed on'  players now all though you'd expect a few of them to move on during the summer.

Kelly looks comfortable again, back 3 has been excellent (hopefully Butcher isn't badly injured), midfield is actually working now with the weak link no longer there and Van Veen has been in sensational form.

Definitely something to build on there, fingers crossed we can hold on to VV and Johnston, although I wouldn't expect so.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Comfortable win and some good spells of play.

Bit gutted Van Veen didn't get his hat trick.

We are looking decent with quite a few 'nailed on'  players now all though you'd expect a few of them to move on during the summer.

Kelly looks comfortable again, back 3 has been excellent (hopefully Butcher isn't badly injured), midfield is actually working now with the weak link no longer there and Van Veen has been in sensational form.

Definitely something to build on there, fingers crossed we can hold on to VV and Johnston, although I wouldn't expect so.

Wouldnt be surprised if someone snaps up Casey too 😔

Thought there was a quite subdued atmosphere around the stadium today. Almost like we expected to brush Livi aside and the boys didn't disappoint. KVV is on fire right now and can do no wrong. Spittal has been like a new signing since Kettlewell came in and started playing him in the right position. Solid all over the park. Casey and Butcher the real deal. The two footballing thugs we've been crying out for all season. Well done the boys. I'll look forward to Sportscene tonight!

21 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well missing out on ‘Europe’ is a blessing in disguise imo. I can’t speak for anyone else but I know I’m in no rush to see us play another European tie after our embarrassing efforts against Sligo last summer and our previous pathetic efforts against Stjarnan in 2014. Plus us sneaking into the top six and Europe last year actually hampered us going into this season because it papered over some massive cracks.

After the way this season and the last year and a half have gone for the club then if we manage to avoid relegation comfortably and then perhaps finish best of the rest in the bottom six then that is good going for us.

I totally agree about the Sligo embarrassment but we don’t have either Alexander or Hammell  at the helm, and we are a different team from where we were. Under Kettlewell, we’ve been transformed into a more competitive, well organised team, capable of winning games of football. I also accept that avoiding relegation was the first priority for Kettlewell and he definitely looks to have done that but we aren’t there yet. Far more to be optimistic than we dared believe a few short months ago. And we are certainly looking up and not down

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

So you have, MJC, predicting a defeat ever week and joewark lambasting KVV for basically being a no good lazy player. Keep it up lads, just the sort of rubbish that keeps this forum from being a laughing stock not!!!!. 

Now what's the chances of Tabbas Yurd allowing the post????. 

At the tail end of Hammells term KVV and a few other players were no good and lazy, the tools well and truly dropped.

All miraculously recovered under SK though, hence our change in fortunes.

• Like 1

Just back in from the game. Can only really describe i as 'comfortble'. Don't think they actually had a shot on target until a weak shot right at Kelly early in the 2nf half.

Impressed with just about everyone today, other than Mandron who looks slow and doesn't really get off the ground. 

Midfield were good today, Goss can play some right nice passes, Spittal great going forward.

Butcher is fucking immense in organising that back line. Hope he's not injured badly.

Livi looked pretty pish TBH

Great result and a decent performance all round.

3 hours ago, si91 said:

and if ma maw had bawz     she wid be ma da 

jesus in december i wouldv eat yir arsehole just to stay up 

16 minutes ago, davkel said:

Butcher and Casey have turned our season around IMO ..both have been immense for Ketts ..

I totally agree with that,both have been brilliant and have played a big part in our upturn in form.there was no two ways about it,we needed to strengthen the defence in january and thankfully we managed it.getting casey tied up on a longer term deal would be massive for us.fair play to furlong also,who has looked really good the past few games after struggling when he first came.

Great result and performance today and we could easily have won by more. Three cracking goals as well. It was obvious from the off that Livi took an instant dislike to Max Johnston the way they targeted him for a battering. We eased off somewhat in the second half. A good day at the office. 

5 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

So you have, MJC, predicting a defeat ever week and joewark lambasting KVV for basically being a no good lazy player. Keep it up lads, just the sort of rubbish that keeps this forum from being a laughing stock not!!!!. 

Feel free to be a patronising condescending dick if you like, but please dont misquote me.

Never at any stage did I say that KVV was no good.

I questioned his attitude, and at the time wasnt the only one. If you cant see the difference in his body language then and now, theres no helping you. 

There has never been any question over his ability. 

Maybe Hammell was the problem, and thats fair enough. Kettlewell certainly seems to be getting more of a tune out of him. But as a player you can choose to deal with it one of 2 ways. My opinion was he had chucked it too easily.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your night!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Give yourself peace and get to fuck you absolute roaster

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Nice to see you have seen the truth, Hammell was the problem, but many on here hung on him due to his playing career, if Kevin was moody that's fine with me because his goals show what a player he is and how important he will be to come. Lazy no, disgruntled probably. 

You can be digruntled all you want. You can still channel you energies 2 ways, but keep ignoring that to prove your point if you like. 

You are probably right. Many of us probably did hang on to Hammell too long because of his playing career. But thats called loyalty and the kind of thing you earn from playing over 500 games and displaying impeccable attitude throughout.

Anyway, its time to move on. Hammell is gone, Van Veen is playing well again and the team are winning.

Id prefer to focus on that instead of getting involved in petty point scoring debates.

KVV has a real shot at 30 goals with 7 games left. Think I will channel my energies into helping him achieve that!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

You can be digruntled all you want. You can still channel you energies 2 ways, but keep ignoring that to prove your point if you like. 

You are probably right. Many of us probably did hang on to Hammell too long because of his playing career. But thats called loyalty and the kind of thing you earn from playing over 500 games and displaying impeccable attitude throughout.

Anyway, its time to move on. Hammell is gone, Van Veen is playing well again and the team are winning.

Id prefer to focus on that instead of getting involved in petty point scoring debates.

KVV has a real shot at 30 goals with 7 games left. Think I will channel my energies into helping him achieve that!

I think that’s fair, time to look forward now. KVV was immense yesterday, I noticed a quote from a pundit stating he’s the best striker in the division outside of Glasgow and that’s hard to argue against when you look at his technical ability. Other than that a really organised and professional performance from the team.