Motherwell v Livingston 08/04/2023

SteelmaninOZ

4 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think that’s fair, time to look forward now. KVV was immense yesterday, I noticed a quote from a pundit stating he’s the best striker in the division outside of Glasgow and that’s hard to argue against when you look at his technical ability. Other than that a really organised and professional performance from the team.

I was listening to Martindale talking yesterday after the match and he said the exact same thing that KVV is the best outside the old firm.The club might get that wee transfer dangler during the summer window for him.

Onwards and upwards for rest of the season and next season.

16 hours ago, si91 said:

I totally agree about the Sligo embarrassment but we don’t have either Alexander or Hammell  at the helm, and we are a different team from where we were. Under Kettlewell, we’ve been transformed into a more competitive, well organised team, capable of winning games of football. I also accept that avoiding relegation was the first priority for Kettlewell and he definitely looks to have done that but we aren’t there yet. Far more to be optimistic than we dared believe a few short months ago. And we are certainly looking up and not down

It wouldn’t matter who the manager was, Europe is a level way beyond our reach and we are never going to compete at there. I know it’s obviously good for the club, on paper at least but if we’re being honest Europe to us is a few glorified friendlies at the start of a season. I view it as an added bonus for (normally) a good season in the league and a 3rd/4th placed finish, or even better, winning a Cup. It is not though some kind of holy grail as alot of our fans seem to think it is and when it is achieved in the spawny, lucky manner we did it last year then it feels even less of a bonus.

14 hours ago, steelboy said:

Money from being in Europe allowed us to sign players to keep us up. 

Getting Europe is always a positive. 

Did it though? I always thought that prize money for playing in European competition wasn’t handed out until the end of the campaign, so if so we won’t have seen a penny of that money yet. And to be honest I doubt we get that much that we would be able to sufficiently invest in the squad anyway.

17 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

So you have, MJC, predicting a defeat ever week

No I don’t. I didn’t even predict a defeat in this thread so your post just looks silly. Why make things up to try and prove a point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJC said:

No I don’t. I didn’t even predict a defeat in this thread so your post just looks silly. Why make things up to try and prove a point?

Its good bantz tho - like the amount of times over the years that you predict we are definatley going down. Pretty sure we had one of those posts this year? Certainly there was a 'we wont win another game this season' a few months back. 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Its good bantz tho - like the amount of times over the years that you predict we are definatley going down. Pretty sure we had one of those posts this year? Certainly there was a 'we wont win another game this season' a few months back. 😁

Yes I did because at that time we most definitely DID look odds on for at least the playoffs and I’d guess the majority of Motherwell fans who were watching with their eyes open would have thought the same at the time. Not winning another game was a bit more of a stretch but it didn’t look out of the question in the latter stages of Hammell’s tenure.

We aren’t out of danger yet either and we could have done without County winning yesterday and Utd currently beating Hibs. If that result stays the same and they come to Fir Park and beat us then we will be right back in the mix for the drop.

18 minutes ago, MJC said:

Yes I did because at that time we most definitely DID look odds on for at least the playoffs and I’d guess the majority of Motherwell fans who were watching with their eyes open would have thought the same at the time. Not winning another game was a bit more of a stretch but it didn’t look out of the question in the latter stages of Hammell’s tenure.

We aren’t out of danger yet either and we could have done without County winning yesterday and Utd currently beating Hibs. If that result stays the same and they come to Fir Park and beat us then we will be right back in the mix for the drop.

I personally think we’re as good as safe, it would take quite a turn around in form from a few teams to now see us drop into the bottom two

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MJC said:

Tharts why it's a game of chance tho, nobody knows for sure what's going to happen but you were adamant we were going down

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If utd hold on then we still have a big cushion plus remember we are basically 5pts ahead of st j as our goal  difference is like an extra point. Come split everyone takes points off each other so I genuinely think we will be safe

Hibs are playing like the bottom of the league team in this game.

Utd aren't much better, but they are looking better than Hibs.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

I personally think we’re as good as safe, it would take quite a turn around in form from a few teams to now see us drop into the bottom two

On the face of it yes we probably are, or at least should be, but all it takes is a few bad results and a few good ones from our rivals and we’re dragged back into it. Utd have just scored what looks like will be a last minute winner against Hibs. If they come to us next week and win that is a huge momentum boost for them and we will be looking over our shoulders.

Next Saturday might not be ‘must win’ for us but it absolutely is ‘must not lose’.

4 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

There you go again, we aren't out of danger, of course we are, remember our goal difference is worth another point, plus St Johnstone are also on a terrible run. 

Are we mathematically safe yet? No.

Is it still possible for us to finish 11th or 12th? Yes.

Could we lose at home against Utd next week? It’s possible, just like it’s possible that we could win, or draw. 

To suggest that we are “out of danger” right now is as ludicrous as saying we still have a chance of top six when we we would need to go to Celtic Park and win for that to happen.

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Come the split, there will probably be only a single point separating the bottom 3 teams. After that it'll be dog eat dog. We're by no means safe yet but its looking good. 

Bookmark this.

We're safe.

21 minutes ago, MJC said:

To suggest that we are “out of danger” right now is as ludicrous as saying we still have a chance of top six when we we would need to go to Celtic Park and win for that to happen.

Not necessarily, if Hibs and Livi pick up no points from their next two games then a win and a draw would be enough as our GD would be better than Hibs. 
Alternatively we could lose the next two games, United and RC could win theirs and we could be right back in it, half full / half empty  - take your pick folks. 

10 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Bookmark this.

We're safe.

Agreed, we are Currently 9 and 11 points clear of 11th and 12th place respectively, effectively 10 and 12 pts given the goal difference, so thats 4 or 5 games to make up that gap, neither RC or Untd or Kille for that matter are going to get 4/5 wins in a row and we get nothing from the last 7 games.

31 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Agreed, we are Currently 9 and 11 points clear of 11th and 12th place respectively, effectively 10 and 12 pts given the goal difference, so thats 4 or 5 games to make up that gap, neither RC or Untd or Kille for that matter are going to get 4/5 wins in a row and we get nothing from the last 7 games.

Pretty much

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Oh I concur, you are a Turd of a Roaster, time tae throw yir toys oot the pram again. Administrator, aye right, start by giving yirself a warning, resorting to swearing 🤫

How about just debating civilly instead of trying to noise everyone up all the time?

Its tedious.

Its also funny how you and Yodo dont seem to post at the same time. Or maybe Im reading too much into that......

• Haha 1