Motherwell v St Mirren 16/09/2023

SteelmaninOZ

By all accounts we didn’t play well in the cup game and only got beat by a wonder goal. I’m sure our players will be up for some revenge and should be full of confidence and hopefully SK will have them primed ready to go. Going into this game with desire and confidence I think we can take all 3 points but they will have to be well earned. 2-0 COYW!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

We should have a big crowd at Fir Park for this one. Will our gaffer change the team from our Tynecastle win or stay the same? I think this game will be hard fought and will not be pretty I think a 2-1 win for us.

We'll be without Paul McGinn for starters so would expect Blaney to come in on the left of the back three with either Bevis or Dan moving to the right.

2 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

We should have a big crowd at Fir Park for this one. Will our gaffer change the team from our Tynecastle win or stay the same? I think this game will be hard fought and will not be pretty I think a 2-1 win for us.

Blaney for McGinn the only change.  No other changes needed, even The Bair deserves to keep his place

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

St Mirren fans will fill the South Stand and might be given part of the POD Stand. They'll also buy up tickets for the East and Cooper Stands. A massive away support. 

I saw the highlights of their game at Livi and they looked as if they had sold out at least a couple of rows of seats in one section. Drove the crowd up to just over 2,000. To be fair though it was scheduled at an unusual time, 3pm on a Saturday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

We'll be without Paul McGinn for starters so would expect Blaney to come in on the left of the back three with either Bevis or Dan moving to the right.

I thought the automatic next game ban only came from a red, rather than two yellows, but I might be talking pish (it has been known).

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

St Mirren fans will fill the South Stand and might be given part of the POD Stand. They'll also buy up tickets for the East and Cooper Stands. A massive away support. 

Seriously? When have St.Mirren ever filled the South Stand without having to also be given part of the PO’D and end up buying home end tickets? 

Even the Old Firm aren’t given part of the POD any more.

Can the admins add in A sarchast-o-meter to posts so it’s a wee bit easier to understand the poster’s intent?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Maybe just thinks “why bother”?

Wouldn't blame him especially after the farce in selecting Gunn. See Anderson has withdrew from squad......hmmmm.  personally I say leave him as not commited.

Though to be brutally honest I don't think Kelly is international class and doesn't have great distribution which modern managers seem to want.  However I am more than happy having him as our no.1

16 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Wouldn't blame him especially after the farce in selecting Gunn. See Anderson has withdrew from squad......hmmmm.  personally I say leave him as not commited.

Though to be brutally honest I don't think Kelly is international class and doesn't have great distribution which modern managers seem to want.  However I am more than happy having him as our no.1

I’d be more than happy to see Kelly play out his career at Fir Park. The distribution thing is strange. When he first came to us I thought his distribution was excellent but it seems to have fallen away a bit. I would have thought that with a little bit of work and focus his distribution could be back as good as it ever was. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Can the admins add in A sarchast-o-meter to posts so it’s a wee bit easier to understand the poster’s intent?? 

For our younger members I was being a bit facetious. It's a harp back to that cup game many years ago when they claimed to have brought about 17,000 fans as Smiddy says. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

For our younger members I was being a bit facetious. It's a harp back to that cup game many years ago when they claimed to have brought about 17,000 fans as Smiddy says. 

And according to them we allegedly we kicked them off the park.  My dad was at the game as it was just a tad before I started going as had only turned 5.  

My dad said we were just physical but fair, usual sour grapes from Fergie.   Sad thing is can never find highlights apart from a 30sexond clip from a st Mirren YouTube page

7 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

St Mirren will bring 800/900 and we will have our usual piss poor 4500 . Be amazed if crowd breaks 6000

37 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes, my meter was indicating that way but wasn’t 100% sure. I was at that game. It was a good old fashioned cup tie. It used to be cup ties had much more intensity and atmosphere about them but not so much anymore. Cup ties just seem like regular old league games. 

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Yes, my meter was indicating that way but wasn’t 100% sure. I was at that game. It was a good old fashioned cup tie. It used to be cup ties had much more intensity and atmosphere about them but not so much anymore. Cup ties just seem like regular old league games. 

that was the blood n snotters mid week under the lights with oor white strip on       kind of cup tie texan :)

• Like 2

I don't know how many they brought, but that was as full as I've ever seen Fir Park.