Motherwell v Ross County 28/10/2023

SteelmaninOZ

6 minutes ago, Inflato said:

That point papers over more cracks than a cooncil decorator... Absolutely fucking awful.

Does it though? Pretty sure everyone, and especially our coaching staff, will see that from the perspective of two points lost to extend a poor run of results.

We haven't been able to play our first choice XI yet but we're getting players back from injury now so we'll see soon enough if performances and results improve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Delighted we got a point, given the circumstances, as most folk will be. 

My thoughts too. 

We were dismal today, for the vast majority of the game. We offered nothing in an attacking sense, Bair and Shaw up front both looked hopeless and we conceded three cheap goals. And on top of that we have failed to win a game that we really should be winning. 

However going by context (0-2 and 1-3 down) it was a good point. 

The first half was strange because we could have been a couple down early on then created enough to be three up at HT. The fact that it was two chances for Spencer and one for Casey sums up how bad our strikers are. We should never start with those two clowns up front again.

The second half defending was shambolic. SOD costing us as usual then Gent showing again that he can't defend at all. It looks like we have put our best left back out on loan to Stirling Albion. We need either need to sign an established player or get Wilson back in January because having to play SOD is killing us at both ends of the park and holding Spencer back as well.

I think it says everything about this season that we have scored more goals after 90 minutes than we have in the first 45. Kettlewell's tactics are stinking and he better hope Beireth can stay fit because without him he'll be back on Sportscene in time for their Christmas party. 

23 minutes ago, Inflato said:

That point papers over more cracks than a cooncil decorator... Absolutely fucking awful.

Stop talking shite we learned a lot from that today, 1 - Bair and Shaw are pish and should be nowhere near the team, 2- if we'd started with Biereth and Wilkinson given the chances we created 1st half we would have won. 3- we are not good enough to start pissing about at goal kicks with the keeper and 2 full backs, that shite needs to stop. And 4 we showed great character to come back from 2-0 and 3-1 down.

So hopefully we kick on from here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

My thoughts too. 

We were dismal today, for the vast majority of the game. We offered nothing in an attacking sense, Bair and Shaw up front both looked hopeless and we conceded three cheap goals. And on top of that we have failed to win a game that we really should be winning. 

However going by context (0-2 and 1-3 down) it was a good point. 

Yup. The league's getting tighter and tighter, other than the uglies and the 2 Saints. Winning would be brilliant, but not losing is becoming really important. I'd rather be in our boots tonight than Ross County's, they must be utterly pissed off.

16 minutes ago, Jastons said:

How the hell was that not a free kick right at the death when Mika was clean through on goal ?

It was a good tackle, got the ball cleanly. It's the handball for their first goal that we should be questioning.

• Like 1

Assessment 

There's been a steady decline in performance over the last 5 games. Confidence has ebbed away and several players who were at the top of their form have gone off the boil.

A few weeks ago Mubagi , Spittal , Slattery, Bair offered a lot more than they did today. 

There's 2 - 3 players who are simply never going to be good enough and one of them has played 100 games for us !

On the positives I look around at other teams and see a similar lack of quality . 

Adding Butcher, Miller, Mika to that team today will improve us and expect be good enough against most teams.

That was definitely a point gained and onto the next.what is concerning though is the good things we have seen for most of kettlewells time,like having a good shape and everyone knowing there role and being to beat are quickly disappearing by the game, hopefully having butcher and biereith back in as starters will make a difference but we really need to start doing the basics properly again.

11 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Yup. The league's getting tighter and tighter, other than the uglies and the 2 Saints. Winning would be brilliant, but not losing is becoming really important. I'd rather be in our boots tonight than Ross County's, they must be utterly pissed off.

Hibs and Hearts have picked up since their poor starts and Aberdeen have too much fire power to be in the bottom six long term. 

With St Mirren playing well the likelihood is we are in a fight to avoid 11th with County, Livi, Dundee and Killie. We need at least 1 win before the next international break or it's looking bleak. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

It was a good tackle, got the ball cleanly. It's the handball for their first goal that we should be questioning.

Fair enough. I was the other end of the stadium...

A lot near me felt there was a clear offside in the build up for the first goal .

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

The ridiculously frustrating thing is we knew that we'd be dire until we brought Mika on.  The team performance was poor - Spencer for first 60 mins was the only outlet for moving forward. 

Mika made a huge difference.  There's a few players who simply shouldn't be back in the first team. 

Hopefully with Mika + Butcher coming back we can add a bit of quality that's needed. 

For me manager takes a big chunk of the blame , waited far too long to get Biereth on. The game was running away from us long before he brought him on cos we had fuck all pace or guile up front. Defensively we are still a shambles , team don't need to work hard to get goals off us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Kettlewell's tactics are stinking and he better hope Beireth can stay fit because without him he'll be back on Sportscene in time for their Christmas party. 

This is the big issue for me. Kettlewell clearly did a fantastic job rallying the team last season when he took over but what are his tactics? We did well under him from Feb-May basically because we had KvV who could score goals and as we know goals change games. When you have that talisman figure then you know that you always have a chance in games. Since KVV has left we have failed miserably to both replace him and adapt our game adequately. Our signings, Biereth apart, have been dismal and we now find ourselves struggling to get a draw at home against Ross County. That is hugely worrying.

40 minutes ago, Jastons said:

Fair enough. I was the other end of the stadium...

A lot near me felt there was a clear offside in the build up for the first goal .

Murray ran into the channel a clear half a yard off in the build up.

The linesman for most of the game was a yard behind play and getting absolute pelters from the wheelchair section.

• Like 1

Actually crazy how big a difference 1 player can make to a team, Imagine a season where Mika wasent injured and was able to play for a full 90 mins ? Really dont know how to feel about that 🙄 Yeh a late draw is great and all but letting County score 3 goals in 15 mins is very concerning

• Like 1