Motherwell v Rangers 24/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Here's the rub, Rangers will always have technically better players than we do but off the ball where it's more about work rate, concentration etc Rangers are also much better. They press in three and fours. Our players are like 'someone else is doing it, I don't need to'.

Also Georgie Gent has the first touch of a lamp post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Not making it as have family commitments on but allowed to watch on tv. By god thisis brutal. Our short passing is dreadful. Decision making non existant, our marking is shambolic & we cant even press!

Make sure you copy that. it will save you typing it out for all the other games 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Here's the rub, Rangers will always have technically better players than we do but off the ball where it's more about work rate, concentration etc Rangers are also much better. They press in three and fours. Our players are like 'someone else is doing it, I don't need to

That to me  is the biggest difference. Work rate and organisation.

2 minutes ago, Bart Verheul said:

Can someone explain what the difference with that and the penalty Celtic got at Parkhead was?

There isn’t one. Hasn’t even been mentioned by the Tv. Shock

that prevented a goal scoring opportunity. The fact that it went to var is scandalous 

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Rangers and Celtic get these decisions. Always. Other teams don't. It's fucking infuriating and will never change. 

Large crowds cheering and jeering always has and always will influence the ref .

overall we’ve not really offered anything . 

Didn’t expect anything today - having not won since early sep we need any least 4 points from next 2 games or time should be up .

I wasn’t expecting us to win today but I’d hoped we’d put in a performance and make Rangers work for anything in the game.

I have been expecting to see some sign of improvement in our performances and results in recent weeks as we played teams in our peer group but I can’t discern any - Livingston, Ross County x 2, Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone x 2, St. Mirren and Dundee. That’s 8 games where we’ve only managed 5 points from a possible 24. If that’s not enough to question the manager and direction of travel then I don’t know what is.