Motherwell v Kilmarnock 03/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Also special mention to Polworth for showing more energy confronting Spittal than he did in 2 years for us......d**k.

Mixed reception for KVV.  I certainly didn't boo but did chuckle at petulance and yellow card 

I actually don't think his heart is with Killie tbh. Not saying it's with us tbh but I think this might prove an expensive mistake for them. However if he gets fit and starts rattling in the goals against the teams below us I won't complain 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

KVV is now an opponent out to harm us on the park, fuck him, he's history and he's fair game petulant big dick.

As someone else said earlier we won't face Killie many more times again this season if at all. 

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

KVV is now an opponent out to harm us on the park, fuck him, he's history and he's fair game petulant big dick.

Got to laugh at the media guys remarking how fickle fans are, as if he'd have booted a last minute penalty into the East Stand for old times' sake.

• Haha 1

Just now, wellgirl said:

As someone else said earlier we won't face Killie many more times again this season if at all. 

I don't know why that would alter folk booing him today. He was out to damage us today, so he was fair game. Tom Boyd captained us in the Cup win but I'd boo that bastard every minute of every day .. I'd boo the cunt if I saw him going to the ice cream van 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I don't know why that would alter folk booing him today. He was out to damage us today, so he was fair game. Tom Boyd captained us in the Cup win but I'd boo that bastard every minute of every day .. I'd boo the cunt if I saw him going to the ice cream van 😁😁

am with you on that i detest the basta

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Got to laugh at the media guys remarking how fickle fans are, as if he'd have booted a last minute penalty into the East Stand for old times' sake.

Exactly , football is tribal and that's half the appeal, I seriously wonder if some of these pundits / media guys have actually supported a team like real fans.

6 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Wasn't trying to suggest that it had anything to do with him being booed I wasn't at the game today but apparently some folk booed him and some clapped him. Personally I don't boo ex players but I agree. He's nothing to do with us now so from now on all I care about is that he helps Killie beat our opponents. Nothing else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Wasn't trying to suggest that it had anything to do with him being booed I wasn't at the game today but apparently some folk booed him and some clapped him. Personally I don't boo ex players but I agree. He's nothing to do with us now so from now on all I care about is that he helps Killie beat our opponents. Nothing else. 

Fair enough , I just never bother about ex players especially if they are trying to help a team beat us, once they are in that arena they are fair game. Once they are ex players I don't give two fucks about them.

18 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Why??

ice cream salesman need to earn a living too!!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

The media are happy to take a pop as long as it's not the beloved OF. 

Pretty sure Celtic fans didn't warmly welcome Mo Johnstone at Park Head after his quick shift to Rangers. 

Just now, wellsince75 said:

Pretty sure Celtic fans didn't warmly welcome Mo Johnstone at Park Head after his quick shift to Rangers. 

Some of the Rangers season ticket holders gave him a warm welcome. Allegedly.

2 hours ago, smiddy said:

paton gets about the park and looks busy,  but by feck when he gets in the box he turns into a motherwell miners amatuer player

I agree, but he's being asked to fill a role for which he isn't suited. My MOTM though. 

2 hours ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

We are still short of quality in the final third. not a dig at Bair btw as he was really good again today. Paton, whilst having a decent game today, will not do in that advanced position. Far too slow. The game was crying out for gent further forward or Nicholson but neither happened but for a minute

Post of the night sir. Spot on. 

33 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Yes. Will Killie fans get roasted in the media for their smoke bombs?

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Fair enough , I just never bother about ex players especially if they are trying to help a team beat us, once they are in that arena they are fair game. Once they are ex players I don't give two fucks about them.

Pretty much my view although there are exceptions. There were mixed reactions to KVV in the POD Stand today. I half heartedly booed KVV today not in a malicious way but in a pantomime villain way because he was going to try to score against us; damage us if you like. But then I checked myself and stopped. In such situations you don't know what's going through someone's head. From where I was sitting there was no bile or malice coming from the stand. 

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Butcher is improving, which is good because he was critical to our run last year. Casey returning to form would be huge.

Think people forget just how long Butcher was out for with injury and it was always going to take some time for him to get back up to the levels of last season. A couple of shaky starts but looks to be getting there.