Dundee v Motherwell 6/4/2024

Kmcalpin

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

That's true, but the first game we played up there was an absolute joke.

Yup, you would think they would be facing some sort of sanction for the nick of their pitch and number of call offs. 20 point deduction sounds about right to me 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

In other words, “We are not going to postpone the game till you are all half way here”.

And we have sold you as many tickets as possible, for which no refund will be available. Surely this is a time when PATG is the solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

In other words, “We are not going to postpone the game till you are all half way here”.

And pretend we did everything we could so we don't get hit with a fine.

23 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

From what I've picked up if the game get's postponed it will be moved to a neutral location on Sunday or potentially closed doors Monday . 

I've got some empathy for Dundee here, not that many years ago we had similar issues with our pitch 

It's been a long time since we've had any real pitch concerns, we invested heavily and still put a substantial chunk into the pitch...Dundees pitch is an absolute disaster and its absolutely their fault

14 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It's been a long time since we've had any real pitch concerns, we invested heavily and still put a substantial chunk into the pitch...Dundees pitch is an absolute disaster and its absolutely their fault

100%. This has been going on for years at Dens Park and nothing has been done about it. When we had pitch problems the SPFL and media were all over us. Thats not been the case with Dundee. 

I simply cannot see the point of the pitch inpsection earlier in the week, except for PR purposes. The proposal to play the game on Monday at Airdrie behind closed doors is simply absurd and I'm pleased that our club appears to be opposing this.  Football is a spectator sport - right?  Given Dundee FC's  track record and treatment of their own fans over season prices this week I simply don't trust them to come up with a sensible and fair solution.

24 minutes ago, steelboy said:

There's no way we should be agreeing to play on astro. 

It will not matter whether we agree or not. The game will be played wherever and whenever the authorities decide it will be played. Same as kick off times for tv, cup ties etc. Fan convenience and player welfare are not considerations sadly. 

3 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

From what I've picked up if the game get's postponed it will be moved to a neutral location on Sunday or potentially closed doors Monday . 

I've got some empathy for Dundee here, not that many years ago we had similar issues with our pitch 

There's no way the Club should be agreeing to anything that puts its players or fans at a disadvantage in the event of Dundee's ongoing failure to fulfil fixtures at their ground. It's either played at Dens Park in front of fans or not at all this Saturday. Having it played on plastic (potentially) and behind closed doors would be utter bollox and is a reward for their failure. It's about time they're held to account for the impact that their shite pitch is causing; it's 2024 for fucks sake.

I thought Tannaduce had been ruled out because it didn’t have the correct set-up for VAR; if that’s the case, I’d be surprised if Airdrie had the appropriate equipment. Does that mean closed door games don’t been VAR or have controversial decisions??

19 minutes ago, si91 said:

I thought Tannaduce had been ruled out because it didn’t have the correct set-up for VAR; if that’s the case, I’d be surprised if Airdrie had the appropriate equipment. Does that mean closed door games don’t been VAR or have controversial decisions??

If it's to be believed, the report I read said they would have to install VAR cameras at Airdrie if the game was moved there.

1 hour ago, si91 said:

Do they not just play without VAR if both teams are in agreement?

4 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Do they not just play without VAR if both teams are in agreement?

If that was possible I'd have thought many teams would have already agreed that in other games this season.

So there was a meaningless pitch inspection at the start of the week,we won't know until late morning tomorrow if the game is actually on and if it isn't it could then possibly be played at another venue over the weekend or the start of next week behind closed doors all the while tannadice is sitting empty this weekend but by all accounts doesn't have the facilities to accommodate the dreaded VAR,what an absolute shit show out game is it times,I was going to this but even if it gets the go ahead I think I'll give it a miss now.