Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

2 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

I remember actively disliking him when he left us but for the life of me can't remember why.

I remember actively disliking him when he signed for us but can't remember the reason for that either.

2 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

I remember actively disliking him when he left us but for the life of me can't remember why.

I liked his dad George Adamā€™s - reasonably sure he unearthed lots of decent players for us when derek was at the club .

Think heā€™ll do ok , knows his way round the game but would rather have his old man as chief scoutĀ 

Derek Adams always freaked me out in interviews as the guy blinks morse code.

13 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I remember actively disliking him when he signed for us but can't remember the reason for that either.

I always remember him saying in one of his first interviews that he had hoped Aberdeen would have signed him as thats his boyhood club, well he eventually got his wish as he alongside Steven Craig moved on by signing pre contracts back in 2004. Adams took a lot of stick here but he particularly done really well in the admin season and the one that followed, he scored a stunning goal in a friendly against Accies.

He was a real victim of the boo boys with us, unjustly I thought. He always gave his all.
prolific goalscorer with Ross county and Billy Davies sticks him in the midfield.Ā 

Ā 
we had so many Billy big timeā€™s playing for us at that time and he definitely wasnā€™t one of them. I remember him driving about in a knackered old Renault Clio, when the likes of Lee McCulloch etc are running round in range rovers.

• Like 1

He was a striker before he signed but we "converted" him into a midfielder. Many of us expected him to bang in goals but that never happened. Another player at that time told me that he was arguably the most talented player on the training pitch but just couldn't translate that onto the pitch on a Saturday.

On 11/20/2023 at 9:01 PM, Mad Dog said:

because he doesnt swear ??? :thankyou: very sure there was an incident up here at one point with the SFA where a ref accused him of verbal and abusive language, but he proved them wrong with very reliable witnesses thatĀ  he doesnt and has never swore in his life,Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  ffs man let it oot, it will day u goodšŸ¤£

17 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

He was a striker before he signed but we "converted" him into a midfielder. Many of us expected him to bang in goals but that never happened. Another player at that time told me that he was arguably the most talented player on the training pitch but just couldn't translate that onto the pitch on a Saturday.

Us playing a player out of position? Surely not šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

14 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

It wont be us as there would be a fee and hed want bigger wages than we can afford.Ā 

Maybe or maybe not. Ā They might be happy to get his wages off the bill and he might be happy to go back to his old stomping ground. Iā€™d hope we would at least try if he was available.Ā 

15 hours ago, weeyin said:

KVV's last season with us was lightning in a bottle. As much as I loved watching him, I'd be amazed if he manages another season anywhere that's even half as productive.

Even half as productive is miles better than the shite were having to watch with Blair and Wilkinson. Maybe we could sell the two of them together, and make enough to pay for Kevin's flight back here. Or am I being over optimistic ?