Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

I am at the stage where give it to someone with remit stay in division if we go down you get chance to bring us back up.

Just think Hughes and Wright is going backwards we should be looking forwards however do I have faith in the board to right thing 100 percent no.

Still think it will be Kettlewell until end of the season if he gets a win the night point on Sunday it's nailed on.

32 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Still think it will be Kettlewell until end of the season if he gets a win the night point on Sunday it's nailed on.

I said as much on Saturday it will almost certainly be Kettlewell until the end of the season and if he gets any sort of positive result in the next two games then it’ll be announced early next week.

Its an awkward time to appoint a new manager and with our lack of money (and imagination) then the simple option for now us to hand it to Kettlewell just now and if he keeps us up the job is his in the summer.

I can't understand any of these "oh fuck naw" responses to the numerous names linked to the job. None of the names have an unblemished records and all will have had poor spells at other clubs. That's the market we are in. If they had unblemished records they wouldn't be coming to us. The only one I wouldn't want is John Hughes and it's purely based on the irrational position that I just can't stand the sight or sound of him. 😁😁

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

Given how the Board have (poorly) managed the situations around Alexander, Burrows, and now Hammell, I have no faith in them being able to select the right manager for the task at hand. 

I've been critical of the board but to be fair to them no one with any reputation is going to touch this job with a barge pole so they have a difficult choice picking out the least worst of a bad bunch.

The standard of the names linked with us are bordering on terrifying.  It's wall to wall failure.

26 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I've been critical of the board but to be fair to them no one with any reputation is going to touch this job with a barge pole so they have a difficult choice picking out the least worst of a bad bunch.

The standard of the names linked with us are bordering on terrifying.  It's wall to wall failure.

You can copy and paste this onto the Alan Burrows thread too: identical scenario.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Luckily, there is a pretty large pool of managers with large enough egos to think they can do a job with us.

5 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Successful managers with no failures tend not to be unemployed and applying for jobs with Motherwell, so we are going to end up with someone whose record is probably not the best, but that's where we are so no point in worrying about it. Every appointment is a punt you hope pays off, this is no different.

21 hours ago, weeyin said:

That still rules out Wright though. Kettlewell was more successful keeping Ross County up than Wright was in his relegation battle at Killie.

so be it idc who it is just keep us Kettlewell showed tonight he can at least get them to show a bit of fight and we werent too bad defensivley

5 minutes ago, sailor_h said:

I think if we give Kettlewell the job we’re going round in circles. He has not applied for the job so he shouldn’t get it. Job well done last night but I say go for the best person who has applied 

Do you know he hasn't applied? Perhaps his application was the game last night. 

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Seemingly a shortlist of 3, including Jack Ross, if the media is to be believed. 

I would be OK with Jack Ross, he's an experienced manager, got 1 or 2 failures on his CV but so has every other applicant. I hope its not a short term "keep us up" deal we are offering as the club needs stability so someone in for the longer term is what's needed.

Jack Ross would be my choice. Putting his 7 games at Dundee Utd aside his management record is impressive. Regularly around 50% win rate. Third place finish and two cup finals with Hibs. 

I suspect that if he wants it, it will be his. He will have a point to prove so he will be motivated. Exciting prospect should it come to pass.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

That's what I heard but Ross has pulled out

Kettlewell it is then - can’t see Holloway uprooting his family to come up here; McCann did ok at Peterborough but again I’m not sure he’d come up here. We used to have a habit of left field/ under the radar appointments. Hopefully we get the right appointment 🤞

Realistically I don't expect to get anything against Hearts on Sunday. I do however expect a better level of performance and for us to be harder to beat. For me anything we get from this game will be a welcome bonus and a momentum builder. If we then beat Killie on the 25th I'd give Kettlewell the job until at least the summer.

• David changed the title to Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread