Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

Me too mate, but I think his time is up now. Trying that experimental formation in a winnable game, when we're struggling is unforgivable.

I've tried to support him I like him. However 4 points from 36 would get a manager sacked in any team in any league. There's no hiding place. I'll be amazed if he's not sacked tomorrow. That said the players are an utter disgrace.

• Like 1

Kettlewell has created a lot of the problems due to our recent signings,he's hamstrung is into only being able to play one way,to have no real pace and width in the current game is shocking.he clearly doesn't have the answers,thank him for his efforts last season and let him go before it's too late.

• Like 1

We for sure need a new manager but what’s long overdue is a root and branch review of our current operating model and society tie in . Why has it come to the position that we are CEO less for what seems like years.  We need board members who will actually bring something to the table and if that means ditching the society then so be it. We’re beyond a rudderless ship

Personal view - hire someone who’s already in a job.

pay the signing on fee rather than forking out compensation . 

someone like Ian Murray who’s done well in the championchip or Dave Challinor who’s worked wonders at Stockport 

managers who have hundreds of games with +40% win record in lower leagues but still hungry to do more is where I’d look . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Paul Lambert hasn't had a job in three years so he might take it. It's the best offer he'll get now. 

Tam Courts took Dundee United into Europe the last time he managed in Scotland. 

McCall might do it for the sentiment. 

FFS......seriously ??

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

What angers me is that come Saturday when surely he won't be in dugout those impostors will raise their game 200%.  They done it after Hammell left so no doubt so the same

I doubt it. When Hammell left we were able to put out 9 decent outfielders and a numpty to partner KVV. 

It's hard to look at this squad and see the same quality. Goss, KVV and Max Johnston were huge losses. 

We are relying on very young loan players now so I can see us struggling I unless we strengthen the spine in January. 

Just now, bobbybingo said:

It might need it, but how will that happen?

A permanent CEO and a 5 to 10-year strategy that is appropriately resourced and communicated would be a start. Or, quite frankly, anything that isn't what's been happening recently.

• Like 2