New kit for 2023/24

MJC

I remember reading an article from a designer at the start of the season and they ranked this seasons kits and they had Motherwell in 11th and Hibernian at 12th. I appreciate everyone has there own tastes and that but I thought those two kits were great in a traditional sense (minus the Hibees sponsor of course), especially when you look at some of the hideous efforts on show such as Celtic's. Adidas designs have been mental this season, they slapped a mad design on Aberdeen's away kit and just marketed it as a 'Northern Lights' kit and the fans were all over it and they did similar with other teams.

It's going to be interesting to see how our fan design will turn out and I wonder if St Johnstone will show up with it as well.

Yes, I liked this season's traditional strip and fear a crazy design for 2024-5  "just be different", perhaps even worse than the Jester's Outfit. I would always keep the "home" strip pretty traditional. The designers can have the other two strips to mess about with (and I agree that Celtic's change strips have generally been absolutely honking).

Then we can concentrate on The White Shorts contoversy 🤣.

7 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Yes, I liked this season's traditional strip and fear a crazy design for 2024-5  "just be different", perhaps even worse than the Jester's Outfit. I would always keep the "home" strip pretty traditional. The designers can have the other two strips to mess about with (and I agree that Celtic's change strips have generally been absolutely honking).

Then we can concentrate on The White Shorts contoversy 🤣.

Always preferred the claret shorts cos those were generally what we wore for years after I started going, but I quite fancy a wee return to the white ones next season. I'd go with a single band/hoop, the top on here's a bit busy for me.

• Thanks 1

I think my opinion is quite unpopular but I feel white shorts contrast really well with a trad. strip in our bootiful colours. Ultimately, I think most supporters have a hankering for the jersey the team were wearing when they started attending FP, and I can understand that.

• Like 2

White shorts have certainly been by far the most common colour from the 1890's until the 1960's with the only other colour occasionally used being black.

Amber shorts didn't make an appearance until 1968 and claret 1973, so very much the newcomer.

27 minutes ago, weeyin said:

White shorts have certainly been by far the most common colour from the 1890's until the 1960's with the only other colour occasionally used being black.

Amber shorts didn't make an appearance until 1968 and claret 1973, so very much the newcomer.

Yes: I have particularly  bad memories of the plastic amber shorts around about  the  Dixie Deans era.

I think the last time the fans chose the strip they came up with an  amber shirt with two offset claret stripes for the 78-9 season.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Didn’t we wear claret shorts when we won the summer cup at Tanadice or was it just the jersey that was reversed? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2024 at 6:21 PM, Happy Dosser said:

I think my opinion is quite unpopular but I feel white shorts contrast really well with a trad. strip in our bootiful colours. Ultimately, I think most supporters have a hankering for the jersey the team were wearing when they started attending FP, and I can understand that.

Dont know if its unpopular but have to say I hate the white shorts

On 5/27/2024 at 12:23 PM, ropy said:

Jakarta?

my geography was never great.

Dutch East Indies.

I wonder if this will be another year where we don't release our new strip until the last kick? And lose out on potential sales that could be made during the Scottish summer, school holidays and so on?

On 5/15/2024 at 5:56 PM, Happy Dosser said:

Yes, I liked this season's traditional strip and fear a crazy design for 2024-5  "just be different", perhaps even worse than the Jester's Outfit.

Nothing can be that bad.

The thing that makes it even worse we made some really great players wear the thing (Martin, Coyne etc.)

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

Nothing can be that bad.

The thing that makes it even worse we made some really great players wear the thing (Martin, Coyne etc.)

To be fair it was the shorts that ruined that kit the top was ok, white shorts and it would have been OK.

19 hours ago, David said:

I wonder if this will be another year where we don't release our new strip until the last kick? And lose out on potential sales that could be made during the Scottish summer, school holidays and so on?

We could always do the Rangers/Celtic strategy.

Bring out an away kit at the beginning of the summer.  Wear it on the first league match of the season.  Then immediately bin it and bring out another away kit until Christmas when that kit gets binned and another kit comes out.  

Only thing is we won't also be able to release a 'Euro' kit as well.