Motherwell v Ross County 20/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

VAR was AOK as KVV done the business and we wanted full time ASAP.  Be interesting to watch highlights tonight and the decisions. Still not convinced about Mandron. I would like to see Aitchison get a start as he looked decent.  W8 D2 L2 for Kettlewell and lads, magic

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pretzel said:

Goss has had 9 bookings in the league and I don't recall him missing a match. 

William Collum on VAR today, very little will go under his nose prepare for long waits and an Injury time amount Alex Ferguson would be pwoud of.

You should have bookmarked this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Correct he's now the new record holder, scored in 9 consecutive premiership games overtakes Craig Dargo who managed 8 games back in 2007 - 08

Well done KVV. We are now also at 3 games in a row with a clean sheet!! Let’s see if we can extend both those runs on Wednesday and secure 7th spot prior to the last game. 

On 5/18/2023 at 3:44 PM, Spiderpig said:

I'm going for another win and clean sheet for us, KVV to score and set the new record for scoring in consecutive premiership games and add a few quid to his transfer value.

Too bad I never had money on that prediction 😁

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Thought we marginally shaded it in a very poor game.

Thats my take. A poor game due in no small part to weak and inconsistent officials.  County were fired up, as expected, and took a very robust, but negative, approach to the game and were fortunate not to pick up a good few yellow cards. County had plenty of pressure but didn't trouble Kelly. Our midfield seemed to be a bit off it today and lost too many 50/50 challenges. We were dangerous on the break but things just didn't run for us. KVV and Spittal were unlucky to be booked.

Not sure about their penalty claim and will have to watch it on TV. I thought we too had a reasonable penalty shout in the first half  - Spittal (?) dragged to the deck, but the ref wasn't interested. One thing I would say though is that players should not be allowed to surround and harass the ref at the VAR screen.

Our penalty was a penalty as Baldwin moves his arm to palm the ball away. Despite the drawbacks of VAR, it did demonstrate that the ref got both of the penalty claims wrong. 

A flat end of season game for us but we won, held onto 7th place,  and KVV scored. Some concerning injuries though. Furlong looked to have taken a bad one and Casey looked to have damaged his arm or shoulder. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I thought we too had a reasonable penalty shout in the first half  - Spittal (?) dragged to the deck, but the ref wasn't interested.

I thought it was a clear penalty, Goss was clattered from behind in trying to get to the rebound from a KvV shot. It almost happened behind the referee's back if I remember correctly so can understand if he missed it but thought VAR would have asked him to have a second look.

59 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Thats my take. A poor game due in no small part to weak and inconsistent officials.  County were fired up, as expected, and took a very robust, but negative, approach to the game and were fortunate not to pick up a good few yellow cards. County had plenty of pressure but didn't trouble Kelly. Our midfield seemed to be a bit off it today and lost too many 50/50 challenges. We were dangerous on the break but things just didn't run for us. KVV and Spittal were unlucky to be booked.

Not sure about their penalty claim and will have to watch it on TV. I thought we too had a reasonable penalty shout in the first half  - Spittal (?) dragged to the deck, but the ref wasn't interested. One thing I would say though is that players should not be allowed to surround and harass the ref at the VAR screen.

Our penalty was a penalty as Baldwin moves his arm to palm the ball away. Despite the drawbacks of VAR, it did demonstrate that the ref got both of the penalty claims wrong. 

A flat end of season game for us but we won, held onto 7th place,  and KVV scored. Some concerning injuries though. Furlong looked to have taken a bad one and Casey looked to have damaged his arm or shoulder. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Rumours are his arm is broken😔.

Hopefully not

Not at the game today so cant comment on the quality of it. But from all the stats we deserved the victory. More possession, more shots at goal, more shots on target, and most importantly we scored and they didnt.

As for VAR, incredibly, it looks very much like Willie Collum got both penalty decisions right, in our favour!

Good to see KVV getting his goal to get the record for "the premiership era". Hopefully he scores in the next too to beat Vidukas record and burst the 30 mark!

20 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

It gets a lot of stich but I think VAR has been really good for us so far can't see many descisions that have went against us and quite a few for 

I felt the 12+ minutes added because of the VAR deliberations really frustrating and affected what little fluency was in the game  but in the end the referee did the right thing, although it seemed for quite long spells in the game that he wasn't giving us any fouls. Surprised the up- ending of Goss in the box wasn't referred to VAR but you can't have everything.

in general we looked jaded and I think SK has wrung just about the last drop from this group of players.  It's going to be a tough and tiring week but at least we won't have any relegation nerves to trouble us.

38 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

I felt the 12+ minutes added because of the VAR deliberations really frustrating and affected what little fluency was in the game  but in the end the referee did the right thing, although it seemed for quite long spells in the game that he wasn't giving us any fouls. Surprised the up- ending of Goss in the box wasn't referred to VAR but you can't have everything.

Largely agree. Regarding the time added on - don't forget the many  substitutions and bad injuries to Furlong and Casey. 

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Largely agree. Regarding the time added on - don't forget the many  substitutions and bad injuries to Furlong and Casey. 

Yes, forgot about that. Casey's looks  quite bad (it was a brave challenge) and Furlong seemed in some pain also: fingers crossed for them but I'm a bit concerned that's their season over.

And as you  said up thread, players shouldn't be allowed to crowd the ref when he's looking at the VAR screen in an attempt to influence him. Even King Kevin was  at it 😈.

2 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Yes, forgot about that. Casey's looks  quite bad (it was a brave challenge) and Furlong seemed in some pain also: fingers crossed for them but I'm a bit concerned that's their season over.

And as you  said up thread, players shouldn't be allowed to crowd the ref when he's looking at the VAR screen in an attempt to influence him. Even King Kevin was  at it 😈.

Add influencer to his list of many talents.