Pre Season 2023-24

Kmcalpin

Yeah I’m never keen on playing the promoted side. They have been quite active on the signing front as well also with a new manager.

It’d be good to spoil their opening flag day right enough.

dundee first game of the season reminds me of the one at fir park when bonetti became their manager and they had all the South American players. Beautiful weather big crowd and They absolutely humped us that day. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

We've drawn the short straw then. You always want to avoid playing the promoted team away from home on day one.

I'd rather be away to Dundee 1st game than playing the ugly sisters home or away, good chance of a win and getting off to a good start. Let's be honest Dundee will be favourites for relegation or the playoffs, so for me it's a good start.

3 hours ago, mio said:

Yeah I’m never keen on playing the promoted side. They have been quite active on the signing front as well also with a new manager.

They've had to be quite active as they only had about 5 first team players left after contracts expired and loans ended.

I'm quite happy to start off the new season against them. Home would have been better, but we have a good away record under SK.

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

We've drawn the short straw then. You always want to avoid playing the promoted team away from home on day one.

I always want to avoid the Premiership champions away from home on day one. I'll take the Championship team every day of the week.

5 hours ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Has Casey left the club also or is he just not playing/injured ? I cant find anything on him

Scott Burns tweeted that Goss had offers from India and Casey was waiting on offers from England to materialise. Doesnt sound lime either are coming back.

19 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Guess we will have to wait for confirmation on the scorers. 

Alan Burrows obviously took the “on the button social media updates” procedure/mantra  with him when he left…  🙄