Kilmarnock v Motherwell 25/02/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Not the best performance but we should have scored at least one in the 2nd half with the three good chances we had.  Having said that, thats one of these games we'd prob have lost 2-0 a month ago. 7 from 9 over three games isn't bad at all, with a winnable game coming up next week. 

11 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Nice for slats to mention he can take free kicks. Did no one ask him until now? 🙂

Have no complaints at getting a point out of that, will gladly take the same next week too. 

That pitch is an abomination.

He does strike the ball nice,but his confidence "was"shot,looks more like he wants to be involved in this rollercoaster ride and if he gets back to where he once was he gets into our midfield no problem 

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

Still burst I’d say. That was a pretty dismal performance today but a moment of magic at the end saved us.

Saved us?? from the match reports it seems the killie keeper played a blinder to stop us scoring on several occasions, so it sounds like a well deserved point to me, and for me any game where we don't lose is never dismal.

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

Still burst I’d say. That was a pretty dismal performance today but a moment of magic at the end saved us.

How half empty is your glass ? We were by far the more threatening team in the second half, even on that abomanation of a pitch. Draw was the least we deserved.

• Like 4

We hit shots right at their keeper. Then killie announce him as many of the match, and the free kick happened.

We weren't great but deserved the point. They were dangerous for a short spell, bit we're poor with their final ball. They fell away completely after we got to grips with doidge, who was anonymous in the second half.

What frustrated me was that killie were woeful at the back outside of heading high balls, and we didn't make the most of it. Still, good point and nice to turn it around on them.

Given the pitch, it was never going to be a classic, but I'm happy we earned a point. The result was the important thing. Sickening a close rival with a very late goal can only be a good thing too and won't do their confidence any good, especially as they drop to 11th place. In contrast it'll boost our rising confidence. This isn't a result we'd have got a fortnight ago. What a goal though.

I should feel sorry for Killie but I don't, given that they didn't feel sorry for us when they stole a point from us last December.  Its dog eats dog.   

• Like 1

Welcome point in a game that was never going to be a classic. Better second half but I was still resigned to thinking it was going to be one of those days. What a pickout from Slattery though, who looks like a player given a new lease of life. I'd happily see the torn faced Polworth drop into the Championship just to spite his Mrs.

11 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

How half empty is your glass ? We were by far the more threatening team in the second half, even on that abomanation of a pitch. Draw was the least we deserved.

Spot on,you can never judge any performance on that god awful pitch,you would get more of an even bounce of the ball playing on a carpark.a point away from home on that surface,I'll take that everytime.

19 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

7pts out of 9. I doubt any of us would have believed that a few weeks ago . Positive vibes and hopefully another big result next week 

Absolutely, 2 weeks ago I’d have been amazed we’d pick up any points before the end of the season. 
not a great game or performance but a decent point on the worst park, and against the most anti football team in Scotland 

• Thanks 1