Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

Formations/performances/people out of position are getting worse. 

We're a team that ship simple goals whilst offering nothing in attack. 1 shot at goal again, at home.  

Each week passes looks less likely that the manager will turn it around. His credibility/stock value has crumbled. 

3 months ago our basics were superb - players were average but we were well drilled.  That's gone out the window. 

A huge turnaround in approach is required. 

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Blaming the players and taking zero responsibility on Radio Scotland. Hopefully his final interview. 

We have moved into the bizarre team selections out of desperation now blaming the players,that's two of the tell tale signs a manager is on the brink.

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

We have moved into the bizarre team selections out of desperation now blaming the players,that's two of the tell tale signs a manager is on the brink.

Thats what the St Johnstone managers last interview sounded like.

31 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Blaming the players and taking zero responsibility on Radio Scotland. Hopefully his final interview. 

Even you know that's not true. I listened myself. Kettlewell can't be held 100% responsible when a defender is beat in the air and when his no 1 goalkeeper is a complete shitebag in his own 6 yard box. At no time did he avoid responsibly. 

Hearts bossed us from the first kick to the last. Played simple but effective passes in what was a very good performance from them by their own fans admission on Radio Scotland.

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

No problems with that for last 2 or 3 mins,he did more than Olly bloody Shaw.......losing 3 of the last 4 goals direct from corners is a problem

Hearts are and should be a better team than us but if we defend set pieces properly we could nick a draw and even win the odd game.

I’ve been a supporter of Kettlewell and he saved us last season and deserves great credit for that .

Start of this season we we’re decent although that came about as a result of a half time substitution brining on Paton into a four in midfield and one striker . 
The first chink in the Kettlewell regime came at St Mirren park in the cup. Think if I remember correctly we had the LB injured and he totally re jigged  the back line and it didn’t work .

Fast forward to today and that result was a 100% on kettlewell . 
Don’t know where to start but playing Spittal a kinda LWB was a shocker . 
The 3 striker thing was a complete disaster and that’s where the game was lost . 
IMO he completely overthinks things when he’s looking for solutions . 
It was as if he’s thinking I  need to win today so let’s play 3 strikers .

Then he changes it up . Bear hooked two up front and Spencer to RWB and Gent to LWB and guess what the long ball game calmed down and we started to get crosses in from Spittal Gent and Spencer . 
So as I say the blame for that loss today completely down to the manager but then again what would I or many fans know !!!. 
He has to  to stop overanalysing and blethering so much about  tactics as it’s clouding his judgement .

Get it sorted Stuart as this is looking incredibly like the Alexander and Hammel ish fiascos 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

As I've said previously, it’s now obvious that it was primarily KVV who saved us last season. 

The same KvV who only looked interested after the Kettle was on the boil?

• Like 1

Would be harsh not to give SK credit for when he came in.  He did the obvious things that eluded others. 

Playing with 3 centre halves, 2 wing backs.  Getting shape into the team. Playing with a strike partner. 

Since closed season he shipped out a lot and has brought in dross but we started the season well, kept a simple shape and did the simple things well. 

Since September it's gone from being close against the OF to just being poor, lost the plot with formations and lost the plot with playing players out of position. 

Today was such an obvious choice to play the 3-5-2 that pivots to a 5-3-2.  Spencer/Gent as wingbacks.  

SK like many previous gaffers need to show he has a plan B and can get teams out of the brown stuff rather than going deeper into oblivion. 

11 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Would be harsh not to give SK credit for when he came in.  He did the obvious things that eluded others. 

Playing with 3 centre halves, 2 wing backs.  Getting shape into the team. Playing with a strike partner. 

Since closed season he shipped out a lot and has brought in dross but we started the season well, kept a simple shape and did the simple things well. 

Since September it's gone from being close against the OF to just being poor, lost the plot with formations and lost the plot with playing players out of position. 

Today was such an obvious choice to play the 3-5-2 that pivots to a 5-3-2.  Spencer/Gent as wingbacks.  

SK like many previous gaffers need to show he has a plan B and can get teams out of the brown stuff rather than going deeper into oblivion. 

Playing with a strike partner was what saved us. KVV showed under hammell he couldn’t play up top on his own. No coincidence once he had someone in jan to play alongside and we signed two decent CH in butcher and Casey that we were safe

Not replacing KVV with a player out the 4/5 he’s signed up front that could even score half what KVV did is going to be our demise 

19 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

How many goals does any manager score? If you're going to blame Kettlewell for the current team playing so badly, he has to get some credit for the way things picked up last season.

Incorrect. I didn’t blame anyone. I made a point about KVV scoring a lot of goals, which saved our season.  

14 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Incorrect. I didn’t blame anyone. I made a point about KVV scoring a lot of goals, which saved our season.  

Fair enough, obviously you don't hold him responsible for our current problems. But do you credit him in any way for last season's turnaround, or was it just down to one guy scoring goals?